Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean let's all be realistic, there were only 2-5 people that ever thought this was a real, honest possibility. Bill Scott, Bouker whoever, and then the three or so people that got on this thread and called me a Setup hating jerk for being realistic (/pessimistic/cynical).

I mean even not that long ago (early November) Bouker said :

Quote:
Plans for TriHabitat are still moving forward. There has been some great progress behind the scenes.

Clearly they are realistic about their own plans/expectations...
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Feb 23, 16 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
I mean let's all be realistic, there were only 2-5 people that ever thought this was a real, honest possibility. Bill Scott, Bouker whoever, and then the three or so people that got on this thread and called me a Setup hating jerk for being realistic (/pessimistic/cynical).

I mean even not that long ago (early November) Bouker said :

Quote:
Plans for TriHabitat are still moving forward. There has been some great progress behind the scenes.

Clearly they are realistic about their own plans/expectations...

Add all the people that were "in the know" that guaranteed this project would happen.....eye roll.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch your mouth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought you might be interested to know that there is a lot of rumors swirling around down here in Wilmington, that the whole Tri Habitat thing has pretty much shat the bed around here. Heard more than a few people say that they are looking at Orlando as a possible option

Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the article linked a few posts up says basically that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
Yes the article linked a few posts up says basically that.

Appears thats the case. Sorry, I breezed right over that

Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on this? Will TriHabitat be opening in the near future? I didn't have time to read the 7 pages. Just wondering if anyone has any concrete news? It would be awesome if they would be open this coming October for the NC 70.3. We would visit after the race.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol it died a fairly quickly death in NC what 2 years ago...I don't even think they broke ground on the property in wilm. It was great idea, but no money man to pay for it.....the "idea" apparently has moved to orlando area with new businessmen.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
lol it died a fairly quickly death in NC what 2 years ago...I don't even think they broke ground on the property in wilm. It was great idea, but no money man to pay for it.....the "idea" apparently has moved to orlando area with new businessmen.

That's what I suspected but was hoping I was wrong. Honestly being farther south would be great for winter training IMHO. Clemont, FL outside of Orlando would be pretty awesome. It already has the NTC and that awesome pool. Great training area.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: TriHabitat - Wilmington, NC [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Issue w clermont is likely too many cheap options currently. Lake Louisa state park already hosts a ton of events and lake minneola is free to swim in. So locals would likely shrug at idea.

To make this idea work you need 2 things manadatory.

-50 weekends of a coach or training group renting out facility.
-50 weeks of locals using facility in weekly "weeknight" race.

Either of those doesn't happen, that investment dies.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next