Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Austin 70.3 - two transitions
Quote | Reply
Good morning. I'm signed up for Austin this weekend. It has two transition areas. Would someone kindly give me a run down of how this works, and tricks of the trade?

- do you have to visit both areas in morning before race to set up stuff?
- both areas have specific place to rack bike?
- anything else that you've learned or done that has helped.

Thanks in advance,

Nancy
Quote Reply
Re: Austin 70.3 - two transitions [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure there are any real tricks as you do need to drop your run bag and bike bag either race morning or Saturday. You really cant set up transition as everything needs to be in the bag with maybe the exception of the helmet. You arrive race morning at t2 and will take a bus to T1 and swim start. Again everything needs to go in the bags so not much to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Austin 70.3 - two transitions [hueby416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got it. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Austin 70.3 - two transitions [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there are assigned bike racks in both transition areas. Your T2 stuff will all be in a bag which should be tied to the rack, so it just hangs there waiting for you.

In T1, after getting your bike stuff out of your T1 bag, you must put all your swim stuff into your T1 bag before leaving. They'll shuttle that bag over to the finish area after the race. You can also drop off a morning clothes bag at T1 prior to the race, they shuttle that back over as well.

Be sure to carry your bike into and out of T1, as that place is infamous for grass spurs that can cause flats.
Quote Reply
Re: Austin 70.3 - two transitions [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excellent. That's the info I was interested in, very helpful. Thanks
Quote Reply