Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo 60/90 vs. Flo 90/Disc [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OP said he doesn't have 30's but owns a disc. 30's plus a cover would cost $325. If he didn't have the disc, then the price difference is $275 so I can see your argument there. I didn't realize that 30s were that much less than the rest. For example 60's and a cover is right around the same cost as a disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60/90 vs. Flo 90/Disc [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd still use any training wheel + a cover before even considering a disc, but that's just my priority of getting the most speed per dollar as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60/90 vs. Flo 90/Disc [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
SwiftRunner wrote:
I have nothing to compare them to, Flo is all that I've owned concerning race wheels. I own a 2014 Trek SC 7.5 BTW.

To the other poster...yes, I I've seen the data on their site...but I don't remember a 112 mile TT comparison between the two sets of wheels I've mentioned. Could you send me a link to the specifics or else venture a guess as to the time savings? I'm no pro at reading the charts to determine the approx. time savings. But I can say that I ride the wheels and feel that they all are fast compared to the stock wheels on the SC.

I really just used Flo as an example since they are the wheels I ride...what would you guys say is a good estimate for time savings on any wheels with the given dimensions?

http://flocycling.blogspot.com/...eight-follow-up.html

Thanks for posting this. I was about to post it myself.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60/90 vs. Flo 90/Disc [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
SwiftRunner wrote:
I have nothing to compare them to, Flo is all that I've owned concerning race wheels. I own a 2014 Trek SC 7.5 BTW.

To the other poster...yes, I I've seen the data on their site...but I don't remember a 112 mile TT comparison between the two sets of wheels I've mentioned. Could you send me a link to the specifics or else venture a guess as to the time savings? I'm no pro at reading the charts to determine the approx. time savings. But I can say that I ride the wheels and feel that they all are fast compared to the stock wheels on the SC.

I really just used Flo as an example since they are the wheels I ride...what would you guys say is a good estimate for time savings on any wheels with the given dimensions?

http://flocycling.blogspot.com/...eight-follow-up.html

Thanks for posting this...I feel like an idiot now since the answer to my specific question was right there in front of me, I just needed to look it up. Anyway, I went ahead and bought a front Flo 90 during the sale yesterday and that sparked my interest in this question.

I guess the next question would be...what does a Flo 90/disc set-up give up to the best set-up out there...which is probably the Zipp's mentioned above in tubulars instead of clinchers. Again, this is dependent upon conditions, bike, rider, etc. But I'm guessing the savings isn't substantail...but when seconds and definitely minutes matter I guess you can never be too safe. Having said that, my income puts me in the Flo neighborhood and they certainly are going to keep me competitive in terms of equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 60/90 vs. Flo 90/Disc [ak_piper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious question: Do you have any independent wind tunnel data showing ZIPPS of the equivalent depth are faster than FLOS?

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply

Prev Next