Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide
Quote | Reply
I am going to upgrade from an old KK, which has been a work horse, to something that provides more feedback and challenge. The cheaper way to go would be a newer KK with Inride and Trainer Road. However, what about the other electronic options...

What would you recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide [surfnrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there'd have to be at least one thread re trainers on every page of ST.

top right hand corner is the search function

otherwise I can say that the absolute best home trainer set up is a Computrainer running on Perfpro software with Sufferfest videos......
but that's only because that's what I have and I haven't used anything else....

or go the DC Rainmakers website as he's tested absolutely everything, and I mean everthing
Quote Reply
Re: CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done searches, read Rainmaker. Looking for comparison of BKool, which I did not find on his site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its there, look again...
Quote Reply
Re: CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you the search censor/ enforcer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I'm telling you to fucking look at DC Rainmaker's site again because he did a complete review of the BKool trainer.

But since you're either lazy or incompetent, here http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now now young Jedi, go for a ride, the Internet will be safe in your absence

Love and appreciate rainmakers reviews, did find the BKool write up (all on my own before your little tantrum)

What I am looking for, so please stay out of the way, is the experience of regular consumers.

Is there anyone out there who has used the BKool...what is your impression of the quality of the product, given its price point, relative to the CT or wahoo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
btmoney, go take some prozac you psycho.

surfnrun, not too many people on ST own a bkool. I inquired a few months ago and have been thinking about pulling the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While some may point to DCR's review of the BKOOL, I thought he also had a follow-up at Interbike that mentioned they had some interesting (positive) changed since his in-depth review was posted.

I haven't seen a lot of information about it either, but it certainly seems like an interesting option (likely quite cheaper than Kickr, CT or Powerbeam).

Of the limited reviews or comments I have seen around, they have all been pretty positive.

I think the only negative I recall is their potential slow adoption of the ANT+ trainer control standard (I think this was mentioned in DCR's interbike update).

So yes, his full review: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

His comments about their newer stuff: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...latform-updates.html

I'm not sure if I have seen any other in-depth reviews of the new model, although I will admit to not actively searching for it beyond casual browsing.

---edit---
I forgot the other reason for replying.

Why upgrade the KK from what you have (to another KK)? Just to get an inRide compatible model? I assume your old one is the grey framed model?

I only ask because I think the resistance unit is basically the same for the grey and new KK -- with the exception being the newer KKs support inRide and the heavier flywheel.

Personally I wouldn't buy a new KK if I had an existing KK.

I'd sooner get a used PowerTap to train with. I'm assuming you are hoping to do this upgrade to get "power" because that'd be the only advantage to the new KK + inRide option.
Last edited by: nord0296: Oct 24, 14 7:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfnrun wrote:

Love and appreciate rainmakers reviews, did find the BKool write up (all on my own before your little tantrum)

What I am looking for, so please stay out of the way, is the experience of regular consumers.

Is there anyone out there who has used the BKool...what is your impression of the quality of the product, given its price point, relative to the CT or wahoo.

I got the BKool Pro (new black one) on the 30 day trial, I sent it back and bought a Kickr.. Reasons were, I didn't think the quality of the trainer was up to the price point, didn't like the "feel" of the ride and I thought the software was awful this and the lack of support for Trainer Road tipped me over the edge.
Quote Reply
Re: CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a good point. My KK is rock solid, a bend in the frame where I tighten the wheel. The reason for updating was to get Inride and use it alongside Trainerroad. That being said, I could go the power meter route. I will explore used power meters.
Quote Reply
Re: CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide [ziggys101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ziggys101 wrote:
surfnrun wrote:

I got the BKool Pro (new black one) on the 30 day trial, I sent it back and bought a Kickr.. Reasons were, I didn't think the quality of the trainer was up to the price point, didn't like the "feel" of the ride and I thought the software was awful this and the lack of support for Trainer Road tipped me over the edge.

This is the kind of feedback I was looking for about the quality of the product. I was intrigued with the software, but wondered about the durability and feel of the hardware. I was interested in the Pro, thinking it might be more solid, but that appears to be in question.

As you found, there are not a lot of reviews from actual users, yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
No I'm telling you to fucking look at DC Rainmaker's site again because he did a complete review of the BKool trainer.

But since you're either lazy or incompetent, here http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

Was that so hard?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me I just felt the BSIM software which in principle looks great has too many bugs and kept hanging/crashing and was non-intuitive to use (2013 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.10)
Quote Reply
Re: CT vs Wahoo vs. BKool....or KK with inRide [ziggys101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the kind of information that is helpful, beyond the formal reviews - which also serve their purpose and are essential in making a good choice. The good news is there are lots of options.

I think I am finding the clarifying how I intend to use the trainer is as important as deciding which one to get. For those who ride regularly with structured programs and use lots of data and feedback, the higher end electronic trainers make more sense, if you can afford them.

For those riders, like myself, who use trainers to supplement when weather prevents outdoor riding, and budget is a consideration, than the KK or similar seems to be the way to go.
Quote Reply