Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
this is not to anybody in particular, rather to the entire group posting here: i'm uncomfortable with anybody trying to identify the OP. first, you might get it wrong. second, you might get it right. i'm uncomfortable with either.

I do notice that my post disappeared, which included no identifying information, but I understand what you're getting at.

I think the veil of anonymity is kind of pointless these days. Staying off the internet is probably a good solution for those who are truly concerned. But thinking that I can spout my mouth off here or on facebook or twitter or anywhere without someone finding out who I really am is a bit naive.

As such, I guess I disagree with your sentiment. It's human nature to play whodunnit. So leave it up to the people who are going to post whodunnit-worthy stuff to cover their tracks; I don't think you should be policing it.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
this is not to anybody in particular, rather to the entire group posting here: i'm uncomfortable with anybody trying to identify the OP. first, you might get it wrong. second, you might get it right. i'm uncomfortable with either.

what has happened in the past, in my own case, when i have evidence that an athlete might be doping, i have taken that straight to USADA. if you feel that you need to do that, that's your proper course of action here.

now, matt, my mentioning the anti-aging clinic is only to draw a parallel, that a thing that might not be wrong in a vacuum (ant-aging therapy) often has a negative association with sport. likewise, testosterone therapy, while not a bad thing in a vacuum, often has a negative association with sport. therefore, it's wise to understand and appreciate the source of that negative association and inoculate yourself against it right at or near the beginning of the discussion.

Dan, if you do just a little digging, Matt has a posting history that includes posting in a thread entitled "For those who have left the sport" which seems to indicate he may in fact NOT be racing, just as he stated in this thread. I'd hope that might be of interest to anyone thinking they need to "out" him as a possible doper to any agency. For what it's worth, I'm in no way an apologist for intentional dopers and would love to see them all, every last one of them, out of the sport for good.
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While the original post was deleted, I think I get the thread. That said, let me recommend; 'The doper next door', by Andrew Tilin. The guy's an age-group cyclist, in his 40s, and he wants to know how TRT will effect his performance, plus love life, etc. He does a very good job taking the reader through the hype, the anti-aging industry, the TRT process, and his results. and it's a very readable story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

>i don't blame the OP. i blame USAT, USADA and the rest of the mass participation sport community for not really engaging their audience in a meaningful discussion of this.

x2. I was excited about the USAC "RaceClean" program for the cycling equivalent of age groupers. They were supposed to test 2-3 races in the SCNCA district. I raced in every significant SCNCA race and many insignificant ones, and never saw USADA. So I asked the now-unemployed Shawn Farrell why not. He said that SCNCA forgot to send USADA their race calendar. So they just didn't test any races (never mind that SCNCA keeps a meticulous race calendar online). How's that for bureaucracy?
Last edited by: trail: Oct 24, 14 18:32
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
nightfend wrote:
True that many will regain their testosterone, but that is usually individuals that never had low T to begin with, and so their body rebound after supplementing. It sounds to me like his endocrine system is already having real issues producing testosterone, and now he is supplementing that which will suppress his bodies already limited ability. That's not a gamble I would take.

Lol, and steroids cause brain cancer. Not that I advocate its use, but have you noticed any epidemic of illness in pro football, soccer, hockey, boxing, golf, cycling, etc?

Not steroids or brain cancer, but since you mentioned the brain...have you been paying attention to concussions in the media for, oh, the past 5 years?
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afrizzledfry wrote:
Injections? I only inject EPO. The test gets rubbed directly on my balls.

To each their own.

------------------------DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION-----------------------

• Starting AXIRON dose is 60 mg of testosterone (1 pump actuation

of 30 mg of testosterone to each axilla), applied once daily, at the

same time each morning. (2.1)

• Apply to clean, dry intact skin of the axilla, not to any other parts

of the body including the abdomen or genitals (2.2)

:-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raygovett wrote:
afrizzledfry wrote:
Injections? I only inject EPO. The test gets rubbed directly on my balls.

To each their own.

------------------------DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION-----------------------

• Starting AXIRON dose is 60 mg of testosterone (1 pump actuation

of 30 mg of testosterone to each axilla), applied once daily, at the

same time each morning. (2.1)

• Apply to clean, dry intact skin of the axilla, not to any other parts

of the body including the abdomen or genitals (2.2)

:-)

Don't worry about me- I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
gibson00 wrote:
nightfend wrote:
True that many will regain their testosterone, but that is usually individuals that never had low T to begin with, and so their body rebound after supplementing. It sounds to me like his endocrine system is already having real issues producing testosterone, and now he is supplementing that which will suppress his bodies already limited ability. That's not a gamble I would take.

Lol, and steroids cause brain cancer. Not that I advocate its use, but have you noticed any epidemic of illness in pro football, soccer, hockey, boxing, golf, cycling, etc?

Not steroids or brain cancer, but since you mentioned the brain...have you been paying attention to concussions in the media for, oh, the past 5 years?

So you are saying concussions are caused by doping???
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

>i don't blame the OP. i blame USAT, USADA and the rest of the mass participation sport community for not really engaging their audience in a meaningful discussion of this.

x2. I was excited about the USAC "RaceClean" program for the cycling equivalent of age groupers. They were supposed to test 2-3 races in the SCNCA district. I raced in every significant SCNCA race and many insignificant ones, and never saw USADA. So I asked the now-unemployed Shawn Farrell why not. He said that SCNCA forgot to send USADA their race calendar. So they just didn't test any races (never mind that SCNCA keeps a meticulous race calendar online). How's that for bureaucracy?

Yes, and all professional sports. They do not care. They just made money.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you are saying concussions are caused by doping???

Compare the weight and speed of linebackers/running backs today compared to 30 years ago. Much heavier, much faster and they didn't get that way by eating their Wheaties.

Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Do you know what "off label" means? Either you didn't and would not ask which is DUMB or you did and that makes you a TURD in my book. It's ILLEGAL for them to have prescribed, plain and simple.

When you call someone else out for being dumb, you should have your facts in order.

It is most certainly not ILLEGAL to prescribe off label. A drug company cannot market off label, but it is perfectly normal and common to prescribe off label, for a number of reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Why not? Isn't it sexist to not let men also have access to drugs that promote healthy ovulation??

C'mon man you're smarter than this. Clomid was developed in the 70s. Its been off patent for 25years. There's no incentive for a drug company to do the study to make it "on label", its ~$5/dose. Its also pretty close to standard of care for boosting fsh in men with male factor infertility (and low fsh). I could ask my wife to respond more "medically", if you'd like. And yes, it could be required if one effs their stuff up with T (at least that's what I remember her saying when the guy from the Falcons got nailed recently).
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on man. You've been here long enough to detect sarcasm ;)
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was a bit surprised that you seemed to be agreeing with tribrad. Actually i was expecting you to call him out for his off label illegal comment, alas...

so if the OP was seeing a REI for male factor infertility issues, then Clomid could be okay. If it was combined with T, not so much, if it came after the T, well without the T it wouldn't have been reqd...
Quote Reply
Re: for those on testosterone replacement therapy [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
VO2Matt wrote:

I was told it was off label, but it was also our best shot. I think it's use for this is much more common than you think.

Do you know what "off label" means? Either you didn't and would not ask which is DUMB or you did and that makes you a TURD in my book. It's ILLEGAL for them to have prescribed, plain and simple.

Yes, the everyone is doing it excuse. And you have no clue what I think. I do find it hard that in a previous thread you called yourself an athlete and needed advice for training while doing HRT. Training for what? People usually say they are working out if not competing. Training for a race?

You have no idea what off label means if you think that...
Quote Reply

Prev Next