Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Options for TT bikes with electronic gears?
Quote | Reply
So I am in the market for a new TT bike with electronic gears.

I live in Europe and have been eyeballing the Speedmax CF from Canyon, mainly due to the price and design.
I am in no way pro content, but MOP aiming for FOP.

At the moment a Canyon Speedmax CF is around 5000 $ with training wheels, and since I already have both Zipp super 9 and the lovely HED3, the price seems unbeatable.

I am upgrading from the Vision Aero Blade with mechanical gears. The bike is not sold anymore, but maybe you have seen this one before:
http://cykel2.webgallerier.dk/galleri/6/628/471/28666-vision-aero-blade.jpg (Note the picture is not my bike)

Focus Chrono Max or some open mold frame have also been in considered.

I am really missing a list of commercially available TT frames/bikes with electronic gears. Are there any other bikes I should consider at the price-point of 5000 $ or does such a list exist somewhere?

Disclaimer: I am currently self-coached and know that using my money on a top coach is probably better than buying a new bike.
Last edited by: Asbjorn: Oct 23, 14 3:49
Quote Reply
Re: Options for TT bikes with electronic gears? [Asbjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This. http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/...lectric-pack-p213661

The Speedmax is fine, just takes ages for delivery. Were it my money I'd just buy a top frameset and source everything else myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asbjorn wrote:
So I am in the market for a new TT bike with electronic gears.

I live in Europe and have been eyeballing the Speedmax CF from Canyon, mainly due to the price and design.
I am in no way pro content, but MOP aiming for FOP.

At the moment a Canyon Speedmax CF is around 5000 $ with training wheels, and since I already have both Zipp super 9 and the lovely HED3, the price seems unbeatable.

I am upgrading from the Vision Aero Blade with mechanical gears. The bike is not sold anymore, but maybe you have seen this one before:
http://cykel2.webgallerier.dk/galleri/6/628/471/28666-vision-aero-blade.jpg (Note the picture is not my bike)

Focus Chrono Max or some open mold frame have also been in considered.

I am really missing a list of commercially available TT frames/bikes with electronic gears. Are there any other bikes I should consider at the price-point of 5000 $ or does such a list exist somewhere?

Disclaimer: I am currently self-coached and know that using my money on a top coach is probably better than buying a new bike.

Most frames will accept electronic gearing, some better than others. Some will have better integration, say the Trek Speed Concept. Others may have more wires visible and external batteries.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Options for TT bikes with electronic gears? [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should have specified that I am looking for near full integration, mainly due to the aesthetic look of the bike (Aero-wise I believe the difference is marginal).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can get Felt's locally, check out the B2 and the DA frameset.
Quote Reply
Re: Options for TT bikes with electronic gears? [mstyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how easy it is to set up the cockpit on the Speedmax. My understanding was that it was somewhat limited In terms of bar angle. So called "superbikes" can be PITA to get the position dialed if you don't look like aren't Tony Martin on a bike. The old SC was pretty good with adjustability, but I don't know how well that carries over to the new version
Quote Reply