Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Using Fit File Repair Tool to Create Multisport Files
Quote | Reply
I’ve entered a duthalon series as some motivation for off-season training, and I’m hoping to use the new Garmin multisport activity pages to track my progress. Unfortunately, technologically speaking I’m still in the dark ages (currently using a Forerunner 110 for running and an Edge 800 for cycling) and I know that Garmin Connect only natively applies the new multisport activity pages for files from ‘multisport’ devices such as the 310xt/910xt/920xt/fenix etc etc.

My question is, has anyone tried to use the Fit File Repair Tool program to merge multiple FIT files (e.g. from my FR110 and Edge 800) or to split a single file (e.g. if I were to record the whole duathlon on my FR110) into a multisport activity file that you can manually upload and will display as the new multisport activity page?

This thread
on the Garmin forums would suggest that it’s possible but doesn't really supply any info. Can anyone with any experience of the program shed any light on whether I’d be able to do this and how I might go about it? I’m going to download the trial version this evening and give it a bash with some old files, but any insight would be much appreciated, thanks!

Edited: fixed link
Last edited by: aw3: Oct 22, 14 8:05
Quote Reply