Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strange happenings with my saddle...
Quote | Reply
Last May, I got a bike fit. With the fit, I got a sitero saddle. I marked the position of the saddle with a sharpie after the fit. The fitter also tilted the nose of the sitero down a few degrees - nothing huge (I did not get an exact measurement of the angle). Fast forward to today - after a whole season of riding and 4 races....including thorough fitting inspection/tightening from bike shop before events. Last week I'm cleaning my bike and I notice the saddle has moved BACK about 1 inch and its now LEVEL. I took my allan wrench and tried to turn the bolt that keeps the saddle position tight and its TIGHT. Has anyone else had this happen???? Saddle migration after lots of riding???? I have a Cervelo P2 - there is one bolt that keeps the saddle angle and position. Anyone know how to keep the saddle position without using crazy glue???
Quote Reply
Re: Strange happenings with my saddle... [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There be saddle brownies in your abode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same thing happen after switching back to my stock giant TCR seatpost with a fizik Antares saddle. The saddle would gradually walk backwards in the clamp, especially during climbs in the saddle. I solved the problem simply by tightening the clamp to a point that almost felt excessive... No problems since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hair spray on your saddle rails. Not a joke.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange happenings with my saddle... [QuattroCreep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the replies!!!! at least i know I'm not going crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also consider roughing the rail channel with some fine sandpaper, and even the rail itself.
Carbon assy paste is good here too.

Once you have assembled to target torque, use a permanent pen to mark the rails either side of the clamp and if a cylinder rail clam a mark on the inner and outer section of the clamp to allow you to see the rotation. mark the seat post in the frame too while your at it...

Then when you wash the bike each week / after each use, a quick glance will tell you everything is still lined up...

Daft part of this is as its gradual you can ride in an incorrect position and get injuries from this happening, as a farther back saddle extends the reach and closes your hip angle, which bring their own problems..

All the best
Quote Reply