Prev Next
Re: How long do YOU keep your bike? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding an '05 Cervelo Dual

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm probably more the 2-5 years. Bought a road bike in Dec 2011 and another Dec 2013. Bought a Tri bike in Aug 2012 and now looking for a replacement so just over 2 years. However, I'm sure I won't be replacing my road bike anytime in the near future and I plan to hold this new tri bike for awhile.
Quote Reply
Re: How long do YOU keep your bike? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I was riding for a shop and recieving the "good guy" rates it was nice to swap over every season.

That was until I purchased by 2010 S Works Transition, 2012 cannondale Super Six Evo Hi mod, 2014 Kona Raijin 29 Ti, and 2014 Kona Process. I have a 1989 Steel Gardin for the winter so should be needing anythig for a LONG time:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1994 Maranoni road bike, used in triathlons 1999 - 2002, still using as commuter bike
2000 Trek Hilo, bought second-hand in 2003, raced 2004 - 2009.
2008 P2, bought second hand in 2009, raced 2009 to now.

I am no faster on the P2 than on the Hilo, and not much faster than on the Maranoni. The bikes are faster - the P2 goes downhill really well - but I am not faster.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: How long do YOU keep your bike? [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends, but latest is 6 years old and still going fine. Probably replace it next year with an S3 or something similar since I do tri's or TTs w/ my road bike and aero bars.

j
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Cannondale is almost eight years old, but has a lot of upgrades. Been working on the wife's permission to get a new tri bike in the next year or so (will probably cost me some jewelry).

I also still have my 1972 Schwinn Continental. Used it for my first couple of tri's back in 2004. Did a complete restoration on it last year. Still fun to ride around the 'hood.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: How long do YOU keep your bike? [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhc wrote:
Riding an '05 Cervelo Dual

mine is on the trainer! Wife bought it for me, she won't let me sell it.

Don't tri anymore so I exclusively ride an 08 Tarmac. Won't upgrade till the kids graduate college - 2018.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worry more about miles than years, but I don't know exactly where the right cutoff is. My (2010) road bike is at 21k right now. I'll probably replace it at around 25-30k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Current ride is a 2013 Speedvagen (steel). I don't see myself buying another road bike for 10-15 years barring crash or incident. Will likely have to replace components in that time, though :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years for each of 4 tri bikes, so average of 3 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still racing on a 2000 aluminum Cervelo Eyre frame. 650 wheels. It is battle scarred. Original Syntace aerobars. Raced it at nationals this year and missed getting a spot by 34 seconds so maybe I should have bought a new bike this year?

I've only put a couple hundred miles on the bike each year for the past couple of years, as I only ride it now in the 10 to 12 sprint tris I race each season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still racing on my 1998 Softride Power Wing (16 years old). My Kestrel 200SCi is from 1996.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I don't get a rise out of looking at the bike anymore.... or until I'm more attracted to a new bike. It's kind of the same way I was with women, right up until I got married.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nine years on my Cervelo TT, close to twenty years on my Trek road bike. They are both still faster than I am.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My tri bike is only about 3 years old, but my road bike is 15 years old. I still have yet to find a bike I like more than my 15 year old bike. I still prefer my beat up 15 year old bike even to my triathlon bike.
Quote Reply
Re: How long do YOU keep your bike? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Ride it 'til it breaks. Then maybe just a little longer.

this. rode my mid 90s road bike until crack in teh frame and derailer thing broke, changed it to a fixie and rode that until husband said no more. then got a new (to me) bike from the new millennium.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply

Prev Next