Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others
Quote | Reply
It's starting to look like a YurBuds graveyard over here. First got a set as a gift, the red Ironman ones with no special buttons or features. Loved them so much I got a second pair, and then a pair for my dad. They're bulletproof. Recently purchased a pair of the signature ones with the button/speaker to pause music or take a call.

Picked up a pair of the orange Explorer models at one point. Those lasted about five minutes before the button would apparently just constantly press on its own. So you plug them in and the music pauses and unpauses over and over and over, and the volume will randomly go all the way down. So those are useless.

I picked up two pairs of the Yurbuds Bluetooth. Really enjoyed them. The first pair lasted about 3 weeks. Then randomly most of the buttons don't work. When I charge them, they will connect to my phone and play, but they cannot be turned off and you can't change the volume. So they start playing once they're connected and just keep playing until they run out of batteries.

The SECOND pair of these lasted about 2 days. Worked fine for a run. On a run the next day the battery seemed to wear down a little faster than normal and I got the battery low message. By the time I reached my car they had ran out of batteries. Now they will sometimes charge (the little charging light comes occasionally), but won't turn on. I've tried various micro usb cords and various charging blocks with no results.

So I have a number of pairs of Yurbuds, but several that just turned to garbage! The worst treatment they faced was some light sweat. Maybe the BT ones I got are discontinued because they're on sale everywhere.

Any suggestions on good BT headphones for cycling and running?
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also had bad luck with yurdubs, I now been usin Avantree Jogger for about 6 months with no issues, I sweat a lot and run in the rain with no problem and the price is right.

http://www.amazon.com/...ords=Avantree+Jogger
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaybirds are nice while they last. Had two pairs, both died after 3 months and the company promptly ignored me :/

I tried Yurbuds. Had issues similar to yours and managed to return them.

Back to corded headphones for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Jaybirds Bluebuds X. The battery died during a recent run, so I put them in my pocket. Forgot to remove them, so they ran through the washer and dryer. Thought for sure they would be dead. Nope - charged them up and working fine.

To be fair, this is my second pair. My first pair crapped out after six months or so. Would no longer take a charge. But they were under warranty, so Jaybirds replaced them for free (quickly and hassle free). Thankfully I bought them at the Apple store because they always email me a receipt - otherwise I would have been out of luck because I never save receipts or enter my warranty information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind frequent recharging, the Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 is a great option for the money. The battery life didn't do it for me so my brother has them now.

If performance > value for you, Jaybirds Bluebuds X are pretty rad. I smoked a pair after 9-10 months of near daily use (mostly running, lifting, bike trainer and household) in all conditions and the exchange was near effortless. The second pair is doing quite well. The range (distance from your phone/tablet/computer) beats anything else I have ever used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've also had a really good experience with the Jaybird Bluebuds X. Have had them about 10 months except for the occasional crackly connection (remedied by disconnecting and reconnecting), they've been a dream. And I think you get a significant discount if you're a USAT member.

D.

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Jaybirds are easy to use, have respectable battery life and the sound is decent. Having said that, I had issues with them dying (am selling a brand new set in the classifieds fwiw). Turns out, as 'sweat proof' as many of these things are claimed to be, the one area that seems to have issues is the hole where the microphone is, you could actually put a dab of crazyglue/shoegoo or something waterproof over it that would make the mic useless but would seal it up fine (that's what I did with my most recent set and they are doing fine).
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i really like these
http://www.jabra.com/..._sport_/jabra_sport_
i don't get along with ear buds...
battery life is not the greatest ~3 hours but thats plenty to cover my useage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone looked at the Plantronics Backbeat FIT? I just saw them today at the Verizon store and they perked my interest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a pair of BTS 66 wireless headphones. I've given up on having "buds" fit into my ear canals(and stay there) and went with the headphones.
great bass, very comfortable and a bargain compared to all of the others. I'm sold as long as they last more than a month. $45!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thenicetwin wrote:
Just got a pair of BTS 66 wireless headphones. I've given up on having "buds" fit into my ear canals(and stay there) and went with the headphones.
great bass, very comfortable and a bargain compared to all of the others. I'm sold as long as they last more than a month. $45!!!
Those 66 Audio have pretty decent reviews. I had 3 pairs of the older Jaybird bands that had battery and button issues and they finally stopped honoring the warranty. I have the Jabras mentioned above but they don't go far enough into my ear to be audible when you're running on a treadmill. I also have a pair of Plantronics that are similar to the Jabras but they also aren't loud enough to be heard over gym equipment, fans, etc because they sit so far out. How long have you had the 66s?
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Jabra Sports and they are nice except for one major issue. The range is very, very short. For example, if I have my phone on my left arm the headphone cut in and out. (the radio seems to be on the right side).

If I have the phone in my fanny-pack I also get dropped streaming.

Other than that they are pretty nice (I've only had them for a couple months).
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I strongly do not recommend jaybyrds I had 2 pairs die in my within months and their customer service is horrible I would never support them again. If u have 2 pairs die within a yr
Never buy again

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my 3rd pair of Jaybirds in 10 months. Was wondering if it was just me...
Customer service has been good for me though - they've replaced each of the sets that have died free of charge... As long as you have the receipt.
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. Awful. Truly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jjabr wrote:
It's starting to look like a YurBuds graveyard over here. First got a set as a gift, the red Ironman ones with no special buttons or features. Loved them so much I got a second pair, and then a pair for my dad. They're bulletproof. Recently purchased a pair of the signature ones with the button/speaker to pause music or take a call.

Picked up a pair of the orange Explorer models at one point. Those lasted about five minutes before the button would apparently just constantly press on its own. So you plug them in and the music pauses and unpauses over and over and over, and the volume will randomly go all the way down. So those are useless.

I picked up two pairs of the Yurbuds Bluetooth. Really enjoyed them. The first pair lasted about 3 weeks. Then randomly most of the buttons don't work. When I charge them, they will connect to my phone and play, but they cannot be turned off and you can't change the volume. So they start playing once they're connected and just keep playing until they run out of batteries.

The SECOND pair of these lasted about 2 days. Worked fine for a run. On a run the next day the battery seemed to wear down a little faster than normal and I got the battery low message. By the time I reached my car they had ran out of batteries. Now they will sometimes charge (the little charging light comes occasionally), but won't turn on. I've tried various micro usb cords and various charging blocks with no results.

So I have a number of pairs of Yurbuds, but several that just turned to garbage! The worst treatment they faced was some light sweat. Maybe the BT ones I got are discontinued because they're on sale everywhere.

Any suggestions on good BT headphones for cycling and running?

I just got a pair of yurbuds freedom clip ons. Glad I got the warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a fair amount of success with the LG Tone (HBS700). Others sets self destructed within days/weeks and these have been going strong for better than a year. I've never had them out in a downpour, but you would never know that by looking at how much I sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We sell yurbuds and have had a couple come back. Not enough where I would say there is a systemic problem though.

Yurbuds (and hopefully your retailer) are fantastic about replacing defective product. Did you really buy something that lasted less than a month and not try to return it?
Quote Reply
Re: Any suggestions on bluetooth headphones? Had TWO YurBuds BT phones die on me + others [pvande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my first pair of jaybird bluebuds x and had them for 10 months now. .You are getting me worried,! Ooer

Had one incident where they stopped working in the rain. .but were fine the next day and no problems since

I use them with comply foam tips and love them. Literally can run hours without needing to adjust.

Use them everyday
Completely recommend them
Last edited by: milkywaye: Oct 26, 14 22:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the "Yurbuds graveyard" comment. I have so many pairs of extra earpieces (since they keep sending a new, complete set with each replacement) I should probably open an Ebay store and start selling them. (no point in posting them on ST classified as we are all in the same boat- though perhaps they have some barter value?). I have examples of almost every model of wired from "cheapest" to TOTL, including the "heavy-duty" orange Explorers (which are seriously uncomfortable when worn with a hat and glasses) to mulitple different models of the BT. I don't think I would ever "buiy" a Yurbuds product again but I guess I will just keep having them replaced every few weeks. At this point, I have spent far more on postage returning non-working units than I spent buying them in the first place!

I am on pair 5 or 6 of Yurbuds Leap BT headphones. Have yet to have a pair last more than 2 or 3 weeks before just "dying". Worst part is, I finally feel confident they will work, stop carrying an "extra" pair of wired headphones. head out to start run, trying to turn on headphones and.... nothing. Then spend the next 10" trying to get them to work, cursing them, and then eventually go for my run without music and pissed off.

I agree that Yurbuds has good customer service but I have to believe that this is a VERY common problem (Leap failures) b/c when I have called to file a claim, there is not a moment's hesitation in accepting it. Feels like it is certainly not the first time they have dealt with this problem. They send out a new set but I am still w/o a working BT headphone for 1 week or 3. (Last time it took 9-12 weeks to send the replacement set.... they claimed it was due to a change in CS computer system where CS could not communicate with warehouse. Since they were recently bought by JBL, that may have been true... but I still went for 9+ weeks before my warranty claim was filled).

Also, even with the Yurbuds "wired" iPhone-matched headphones, I have a Lifeproof case and when you use the required cable adapter, the phone/volume controls on the headphones don't work. Yurbuds says it's to blame on the Lifeproof adapter. Lifeproof says (if you can even get their CS to reply....) that they are unaware of a problem like this.

Beyond frustrating.

The sound quality of the Yurbuds is really nice when they work, but the repeated failures is crazy. It's almost as if they won't hold a charge or they have frozen. Charging light comes on when plugged in but no response from buttons. I personally think it is the VERY poor design/quality of the rocker switch they use in the Leap wireless.
Quote Reply