Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Powerman - Georgia cancelled 2014 [tompks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fairness -- received an email today from Becky the office manager at Powrman that refunds for PM Georgia are forthcoming.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I have been told by race directors that they have been informed not to be a part of this forum and it's not their place to be here

I guess when a sport is on the witness protection program, it makes sense to avoid publicity as much as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the PMFL 2012 and it was a nice race although very hot in mid September. The new date in December should make for a nice event. The local representative for the race in Florida is a respected RD that puts on many Ultra Distance running events each year. I would expect the Florida race to go off without any issues. As mentioned the run is on a road course race track-so not just a big oval and the big has a good majority of it on roads closed to traffic. Last year was fairly windy on the bike, but dead flat so should make for a fast race with the hopefully cooler December weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [tskough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That course sounds similar to the one USAT named for the 2015 National Long Course Duathlon Champs ... see http://www.dallasmultisport.com/...onda-s-duathlon.html

Makes sense to pick Team USA from an approximately 5K-50K-5K flat course as a test to see who's ready for the brutal 10K-150K-30K @ Powerman Zofingen.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Everyone! This is AM from Powerman USA. To each of you, Thank You for contributing to this forum about the Powerman USA Series. Obviously, a PM representative has been absent from these posts as we have been very busy planning these awesome events for everyone and getting this series built out. In addition to that, we do feel that ST is a place for athletes to talk among themselves about training, races, and mult-isport in general. We feel it isn't a place for RD's to push their events. We are however, very happy to answer any and all questions anyone has in regards to our upcoming events. Please email those directly to info@powermanusa.org. To touch on a few items within the previous posts.
* Yes, unfortunately PM GA was cancelled for 2014 as it did get added to the schedule late. But it is on for 2015. So spread the word!
* Those that registered for 2014 GA have your refunds or transfers taken care of
* KZoo MI was on the preliminary schedule but will now be in Frankenmuth as we have an exciting course planned and some amazing amenities too
* 2014 PM AL and FL are going to happen and they are great courses.
* Our 2015 events are all going to move forward as well and we are in talks with some cool cities to add a few more to the 2015 schedule.
* Our team has been in multi-sport for over 22 years, as we are athletes ourselves
* We have been hosting events from triathlons and duathlons to running events for over 15 years and have the knowledge and experience to bring you a first class event, with lots of amenities in some great locations!
* We feel strongly this series can work and have some exciting things in the works. So spread the word, like us on FB https://www.facebook.com/PowermanUsa
and follow us on Twitter too.
* Of course we need the support from you folks already registered and interested in these events to help get the message out about Powerman.
* Get those runner friends interested in multi-sport and inform your triathlon friends how beneficial it is to participate in duathlon.

I will be checking in periodically to the forum, to offer some answers or information. But for the quickest response, please contact us through our website.
We are excited about bringing this series to North America (Yes, Canada included :-) ) and look forward to seeing you all at the events!

- AM
Powerman USA
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [PowermanAM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Good to hear from you, AM. And good luck to Powerman. I really hope the series gets traction and will take off. First question for you, will the Powerman series be spring and fall like du season seems to be right now or do you plan to run duathlons all summer?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off I LOVE duathlon.

But unless you guys put some serious marketing effort behind this, and asking us to spread the word or follow on FB and twitter isn't going to work. You need to hire a(or a few) marketing pro's. You need to really reach out through the publications, tri clubs etc and spread the word.

Here in AZ I've asked around at a race the other weekend. About 25 people, all who live in the PHX area. Guess how many heard of your AZ event?
ZERO. That's right not one person from several different tri clubs had heard about it.

It's not a case of if you build it they will come. You can build it all you want, but unless you really putout a HUGE marketing push, your destined to have 120 person races.

Your AZ RD is familiar with that scenario, he had a lot of duathlons in the PHX area at one point, all with about 80-100 people max. That's not sustainable.

I hope you guys make it and thrive. I've got a friend in NC who is pondering coming out for the AZ race, I'm thinking of doing it. Bu I don't want to go to another duathlon and race 89 people. I want to race 200+ others.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for the support! It will depend on the venue and climate. We are looking to have events all year round with a final series buildout of 12 - 16events. Hope to see you at a future event.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That includes putting Zofingen BACK on the map for Americans, having the PM USA races as qualifiers. Use Zof as a carrot,
or create a carrot here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brian for the reply and information. You are absolutely correct and we are VERY well aware of the marketing efforts needed to make this work. We do have 2 people in place on our team who are working on it, reaching out to the various clubs, etc. We have promo cards being dispersed among the states and surrounding states where there are currently events. They are going in race bags as well. We have a local person in each area helping us get the word out on a grass roots level. We also have a few National marketing plans in the works right now too. BUT, we have to hit all avenues and it takes athletes, coaches and clubs to support and back not just Powerman but duathlon in general. Those that know the importance of duathlon and how it is a feeder for new athletes into our amazing world of triathlon and multi-sport need to spread the word. Inform and encourage triathletes of the importance of duathlon to their training and racing improvements IN their love of triathlon and Ironman. Athletes are inclined to register for events when their friends and clubmates are racing in them as well. Social media as you know plays a very important part in marketing and growth of events. So we are making the push on our end and appreciate those that follow and promote us to help get the word out too.

Hope you will race at Powerman AZ! Thanks Brian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy smokes, these guys are starting the show right. The transition footprint is impressive. Still an hour from kick off, but so far it's pretty dang snazzy.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pictures you can post for us? I scanned through the results yesterday.. 56 finishers? In both races combined? That is a shame. Powerman Alabama 1998 was one of my very first races, I think there were 600 finishers, just in the long course.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you going to do this race on Sunday at McDowell Mountain Park? I found this thread after a search, when I saw this race listed in another Powerman thread. I live in Scottsdale and had not heard a word about this event. It looks interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing Powerman Georgia if that race ever happens. Also bring back Powerman Alabama run by Team Magic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No not heading up there to race this weekend.
Looking forward to hearing about the race though. I hope they knock it over the fence!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The desert classic duathlon is March 2nd at Mcdowell Park and is a great event. It'll get a big turnout and should be quite competitive. You should check it out. I'm doing it with a few friends. It's a local event and has been around for many years.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [Dopers.Suck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've done the Desert Classic Du several times and it is a great event, but I'll be out if town this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Georgia cancelled 2014 [tompks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EXCEPT ANYWHERE IN THE PACIFIC NW OR NORTHERN CA.

MAN DO WE NEED A GOOD DU RACE DIRECTOR OUT WEST!!!

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Last edited by: karma: Feb 19, 15 21:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you plan on bringing more races to the northeast? Thanks

Bville wrote:
Do you plan on bringing more races to the northeast? Thanks

This implies there are some. I didn't see any on their schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman - Increasing Duathlon availability! [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In addition to others.

Prev Next