Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Mont Tremblant Run Course
Quote | Reply
I was watching the coverage of IM MT last night on NBCSN and I noticed that the run course looks really narrow. It was spacious enough for the leaders but I could imagine that it gets really congested when the age groupers get out there. Can anyone who has done the full or the 70.3 let me know? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant Run Course [pwierz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was running between 4pm-10pm, so when the run course would be packed. It wasn't really that bad. On the front and back end of the lap, when you're on the main road, the run course is in the right lane and there's a blue line cutting it in half. It is a bit narrow but there is more than enough room to move around if you're moving faster than those ahead of you. On the rail trail section, again, it's a little narrow, but there's more than enough room.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant Run Course [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that there is enough room to run. The pieces right by the village and when your leaving the village were a little narrow and the other side of the road did have cars on it but i still never felt like i didnt have enough room
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no problem with the width of the run course. The last 300-400 metres downhill into the finish line is narrow, but apart from that I did not find any issues.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant Run Course [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. Is it really as scenic as they say?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to ST. I strongly suggest you do a search for anything IMMT as you will get more answers from this instead of asking a "scenic as they say" question. Dev has some really good reviews about this race.

By the way.... "scenic" is all relative.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it as scenic as they say. Incredible venue for an IM and an outstanding track for the race.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the NBC program covered the IM 70.3 World Championships, not IMMT.

There are also differences in the courses. Even the 70.3 WC course was different than the June 70.3 run course.

Having only run the WC course in September, I can say it was just awesome!! There is a tough hill right out of transition then rollers to the turn around...and back. There there is a flat section that runs along the lake before entering the village..these portions of the course were fine in terms of width...then you hit the steep stuff where it was a little narrow....and JUST SO AWESOME! Spectators were close, the hill is tough and you aren't going that fast. Coming down if there had of been a crowd it could have been dicey at is is very steep and has two very sharp corners, but I had no issues. Mont Tremblant is just a fantastic venue in all regards!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes its plenty wide, the WC was over 2 x 10.5km so more athletes but the Ironman and the 70.3 event are over a 21km loop, lots of room.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont Tremblant Run Course [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. The reason I was asking was because I did the Racine 70.3 and there were certain points during that run where the course was no wider than two runners shoulder to shoulder so I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen again. And, Darren325, NBCSN actually covered both IMMT and the 70.3 WC on the same night. That's what finally got me off the fence and made me register.
Quote Reply