Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pump yer tires, n00b
Quote | Reply
I know average speed on the trainer doesn't correlate directly t road speed, but it is generally consistant from ride to ride. Struggling recently to hit/ hold certain numbers...until I remembered to pump my tires...

Triathlon is hard enough without self-inflicted problems.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good you didn't get a pinch flat, noob.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you know how to dial up the load for those low cadence power sessions...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:) I know so many folks just getting into riding that buy a bike and don't have a pump. They'll ride for a month or more without inflating their tires and are amazed when you pump them up for them.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
I know average speed on the trainer doesn't correlate directly t road speed, but it is generally consistant from ride to ride. Struggling recently to hit/ hold certain numbers...until I remembered to pump my tires...

Word.

When it gets tough, just pop in Eye of the Tiger and it'll get you through the workout!
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to invest in a power meter. Eliminates the variability of equipment and set-up.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
Time to invest in a power meter. Eliminates the variability of equipment and set-up.

If you get a good one. But then still the next post will be:
ZERO YER METER NOOB

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always feel bad when I see people traveling by bike who look like they're not doing it by choice, and they have super low tires. It's common sense, but they just don't realize how much harder it makes their commute. I always want to yell "pump up your tires! and raise your seat!"
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

If you get a good one. But then still the next post will be:
ZERO YER METER NOOB

Should have said "most"...or "some" before "variability" so I don't incriminate myself for using a Stages.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:

This isn't as bad as realizing halfway through your ride that one of your brake pads has been rubbing against the rim the whole time. That fix doesn't even require tools!
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [YTS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YTS wrote:
I always feel bad when I see people traveling by bike who look like they're not doing it by choice, and they have super low tires. It's common sense, but they just don't realize how much harder it makes their commute. I always want to yell "pump up your tires! and raise your seat!"

Usually these are the same people that you can hear from 3 blocks away because their drivetrain is completely covered in rust.
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is too funny.

speed is irrelevant, all day, err day. the only thing that matters is wattage noobs!

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Pump yer tires, n00b [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:

I know...has been time for years. It won't be a real one, but I'll hop on Trainer Road at some point here once I get the right stuff for it.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply