Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As it turned out, they allotted everyone a full 8 hours. He's out on the run course now. :)

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
shady wrote:
Dan Funk wrote:
tucktri wrote:
arkmann wrote:
Class. He probably held back on the last 5 or 6 miles.

Oh Christ do we need to start a thread for the sanders apologists now? Everyone was talking 2:3# in a full ironman this week. Now he runs 2:44 with no swim and it's because he held back? Right.

Just for shits and giggles del corral last year swam about 55 rode 4:15 and then ran 2:37.

Hate on Canucks!

But congrats on the win. Guy is a beast. Would have loved for the pros to have swam though for him.

X2. The irrational exuberance for this guy is something to behold. But good for him for being fast... so quickly. It's kind of hard to believe.

'Irrational exuberance'?

Well lets see. In the span of ~6 years he goes from drug addict sleeping on a couch all day to one of the top runners in the sport and mixing it up with Olympians with fastest bike/run at 70.3 Worlds .
Then today he solos a 4:12/2:44 in his IM debut!! All this in his second (first?) year as a Pro and the fanboys are being 'irrational'?

Ok then Mr Funk.

Um... yeah. Did you read what I wrote? "Good for him being fast...so quickly. It's kind of hard to believe."

It's irrational to think that in such a short of time someone could go from being a drug addict sleeping on a couch all day (your words) to mixing it up with the fastest people in the world. It's irrational. It doesn't make sense. And forgive me, but the past 20 years of endurance sports have taught me to be skeptical of such anomalies. Because to an anomaly...there is almost something shady going on. (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Look, I'm not trying to derail the Sanders Express here. You can't get in the way of fanboys and their object du jour.

But, unless you're logging in from North Korea, I assume you understand and respect the notion of freedom of expression.

So I urge you to keep expressing your views. And I will express mine. The beauty of a place like the Republic of Slowtwitch... they don't have to agree with one another.

Amen Mr Funk

Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [Eppur si muove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eppur si muove wrote:
As it turned out, they allotted everyone a full 8 hours. He's out on the run course now. :)

Glad to hear it.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [Eppur si muove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eppur si muove wrote:
Yep, that's my concern too. My partner's number is over 3000, and the bike is his weakness. According to the Athlete's Guide, IIRC, the cutoff is 5:30. The change in format will probably cost him at least an hour and a half.

Did he make it through? I was volunteering in T2. The cutoff actually went until after 6:00. We had a few come in pretty late and only 2 not go out. I told more than a couple they needed to get up and go and to not quit in transition. Lots of people were pretty cold (some very cold) and nearly everyone was less than happy with the wind. I thought they would bunch up in the wind a lot more, but it seemed like a pretty good spread from the flow into T2.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its not like the guy came off the couch, he would show up to local 5k race as a kid in jeans and hi tops and smoke everyone there. A 4:12 bike and 2:44 run on a much tougher day than last year, I think that is something to cheer about.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [russ090909] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
russ090909 wrote:
Its not like the guy came off the couch, he would show up to local 5k race as a kid in jeans and hi tops and smoke everyone there. A 4:12 bike and 2:44 run on a much tougher day than last year, I think that is something to cheer about.

A 2:44... in his first im as a pro, 2nd ever, off a bike effort that gave him a 13 minute lead...the completely alone and uncontested.

That being said, I think its only a warning shot. He has the potential to run 2:40... and do it this october.... and do it starting at or near the lead bike.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Last edited by: motoguy128: Nov 2, 14 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone knows where to register for IM Florida 2015 ? I looked on active.com. Still nothing on active.com nor ironman.com. Am I stupid ?
I have been told that last year everything was sold within 1min! So I'd better find the page before 12pm!
Last edited by: tripot: Nov 2, 14 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [tripot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here:
http://www.ironman.com/...r.aspx#axzz3HjTQKXz7
...or just try the registration link on the IMFL home page.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [mjlrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, it has been open for over an hour now and still general entry is available. Crazy!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: IMFL - It's RACE DAY!!! [Hutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This forum should have a Like-button...
Quote Reply

Prev Next