Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swimming vs. weight loss for cycling [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll keep an eye out for it. I usually check the usms website every week or 2 anyway, even though I'm obviously not a member.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming vs. weight loss for cycling [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
"Streamlines," the USMS publication, had an article recently about weight loss and swimming. worth a read, it's probably on the website

This weight loss article is also in "Swimmer" magazine, Sept/Oct 2014 issue, pages 38 to 42, the issue with the girl and her black Lab swimming together on the cover. I too looked online and could not find it on the usms.org web site.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming vs. weight loss for cycling [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good research shows that exercising (not only swimming) in cool water (under about (70F) increases appetite more than exercising at the same intensity in warmer water. The research indicates that cooling the skin stimulates appetite. However, becoming habituated/acclimated to cool water may attenuate the increased drive to eat.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming vs. weight loss for cycling [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use to race traithlons for a number of years....i am 6'1 race weight was 168-170. but i have switched to cycling as that is what i enjoy most and also had a shoulder injury....

currently i am 182. yes i chunked out leave me alone. as i am getting ready for racing i will probably ride 6 times a week and maybe run 3 times. my runs are short usually 3-4 miles but it's what helps me loose those extra few pounds. i don't want to run too much either....i am happy at 175-177 lbs.

running would be my advice. swimming generally builds my shoulder muscle and back also makes me very hungry.
Quote Reply

Prev Next