Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Tremblant 5i50 in 2015?
Quote | Reply
Just saw the list of 5i50 races for 2015, and tremblant wasn't on it. Bummer, this was going to be one of my top picks next year! Anybody know details? Should I hold out hope that they'll add it later?
Quote Reply
Re: No Tremblant 5i50 in 2015? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it will be back under the Triathlon Quebec banner. 5150 seems like a disaster and think a lot of these races are going back to independent. The Olympic distance races existed long before 5150
Quote Reply
Re: No Tremblant 5i50 in 2015? [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui5150 wrote:
Maybe it will be back under the Triathlon Quebec banner. 5150 seems like a disaster and think a lot of these races are going back to independent. The Olympic distance races existed long before 5150
Interesting... I've never done a WTC-branded Oly distance race. But I really enjoyed the Tremblant 70.3. What about 5150 is a disaster?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you get the list of 2015 races from? I didn't think it had been confirmed yet. Cody and I spoke to the RD at MT5150 this year and he seemed certain the race will be on in some capacity in 2015.

JT Multisport | Facebook | Instagram | World Sport Coach
Quote Reply
Re: No Tremblant 5i50 in 2015? [ozjt23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Just saw the list of 5i50 races for 2015, and tremblant wasn't on it. Bummer, this was going to be one of my top picks next year! Anybody know details? Should I hold out hope that they'll add it later?

sportstats would know.
Hopefully he will chime in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure based on the intel I've gotten from inside WTC that WTC and PEM are meeting today (Oct 1) to discuss/determine the future of the 5150 series.

I think it'll head in a different direction, WTC hasn't proven to be very capable in growing the series. Many of the long term iconic races have become shells of themselves since falling under the WTC banner. WTC just doesn't do short course racing well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: No Tremblant 5i50 in 2015? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the info, Brian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5150 is the red headed stepchild of WTC, I have a feeling if they can get rid of it they will. I cannot see how it is profitable for them unless they do them at the same time as their larger races.
Quote Reply