Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Update on my ANT+ videogame with PICS [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is wonderful! Good luck with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Update on my ANT+ videogame with PICS [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got an in game shot when he was in too....I tried to hang but the guy took off at 600w and I had no hope of catching him. Other people signed in were able to hang with him for a while which was cool. I ended up 2 minutes back by the time he finished his first 5km lap. Shut up legs!

warwicke36 wrote:

Jens Voigt pitted himself against amateur riders at a promotional event for the up-and-coming multiplayer turbo trainer game Zwift last night (December 10).
Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/...#vKMs4kDUM2JHhHKr.99

NOW THAT IS COOL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is so cool. I am a huge Jens fan. Everything I keep reading about your software is building my excitement more and more. Keep up the great work. You will have a customer in me for sure.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.2 W/kg huh? Even I might be able to hang with him...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got into the beta in the last week and after resolving a few bugs I have had a couple of quality rides 'round the island and am very impressed with what I have seen. Your tech support team is top notch btw.

Not many riders on the west coast I can tell as there are only 2-3 on when I am there but the few interactions I have had with other 'real' riders were excellent. Very excited to see where this goes and excited to see your team so open to feature requests and tweaks.

Well done.
Quote Reply
Re: Update on my ANT+ videogame with PICS [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
1.2 W/kg huh? Even I might be able to hang with him...

I think he rolled over the meter and was about to hit 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!

A big thanks to the Zwift staff, Jens, and Ted for an awesome event. I watched Jens' incredible lap from start to finish and was so inspired that I dug deep and achieved a time in the hill climb that I thought was impossible for me to obtain. Earlier in the event, I also set personal bests in the 2 sprints after watching Ted do a number of effortless laps.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Post deleted by metcalf34 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my in-game pic of Jens as he rocketed off at the start. My apologies for the low res as this is from a down-scaled image. The game graphics are much better. I attached the picture to a photo from his Facebook page. For reference, Jens' Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/thejensie

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Update on my ANT+ videogame with PICS [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today at lunch on my trainer I wanted to get some all-out intervals in and hopped into zwift. I had 45 mins or so available.

After the first lap around the island i snagged both sprints, but then the competition began. The next couple laps I was going balls to the wall against someone to regain those jerseys

My goal was to just get some intervals in and i ended up smashing my all-time 5, 10 and 20 second power records and hitting 1000+ watts for the first time -- I uploaded the post-game file to trainingpeaks to see the result there.

Just posting this because I feel this is a GAME CHANGER for both entertainment and for training (and they havent released the training plan stuff yet....). I still continue with trainerroad workouts but enjoy being in the zwift environment. Even if i just want to get some solid 2x20 sweet spot work in, the enjoyment factor has dramatically increased.
Quote Reply

Prev Next