Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hiding Di2 Junction Box Cervelo S5
Quote | Reply
I am using a 5 port junction box with my Cervelo S5. I was trying to relocate it somewhere inside the frame. I already moved it from below the stem by hiding a junction b box into my internally routed Bontrager XXX aero handlebars. I tried to stick the junction box into my seat tube, but it barely doesn't fit due to the mounting tabs.

I could probably sand it down but before I do that, is there a place where I could fit it?
Quote Reply
Re: Hiding Di2 Junction Box Cervelo S5 [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
under the saddle
Quote Reply
Re: Hiding Di2 Junction Box Cervelo S5 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would I get the cable from the seat tube to under the saddle? The top about 4 cm of the seat tube is solid, not hollow, so can't even drill the top part out and run a cable through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah, sorry; i thought the thickness may not be that large. this is the way some would hide their EW-90 boxes

also i have to say that i don't think hiding EW-90 is a good idea on a road bike. On a TT bike, yeah sure, but with crashes more prevalent in a road race, you'd want to have quick access to reset your system in case something goes wrong.

also, other suggestions would be just above the bottom bracket, and using a EW-90 3 port and then use the JC-41 junctions to interface with the other wires
Last edited by: echappist: Sep 21, 14 20:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
I am using a 5 port junction box with my Cervelo S5. I was trying to relocate it somewhere inside the frame. I already moved it from below the stem by hiding a junction b box into my internally routed Bontrager XXX aero handlebars. I tried to stick the junction box into my seat tube, but it barely doesn't fit due to the mounting tabs.

I could probably sand it down but before I do that, is there a place where I could fit it?

Stick it to the inside of the head tube where the top tube and down tube meet.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply