Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Avoid Garmin Edge & Vector picks up other PMs in transition
Quote | Reply
So at last race my PM and bike computer (Vector and Edge 510) couldnt be matched when I got the bike ready in the morning pre-swim because there were a tons of other powermeters in range. This caused a bit of stress. Decided not to bother with it pre swim and I ended up only getting power readings about 1km into the ride (the first 100 meters there were also PMs present). Not that it mattered but would like to focus on other things the first minutes on the bike than getting the PM to work.

Any suggestions how to solve for this? Leaving the Edge overnight would not be ideal and also, suggestions about coming out of the swim as number 1 is also out of the question :(
Quote Reply
Re: Avoid Garmin Edge & Vector picks up other PMs in transition [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why weren't they paired before you left home? AFAIK once the Garmin devices are paired, they stay paired. If your don't then you likely need to talk to Garmin.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Avoid Garmin Edge & Vector picks up other PMs in transition [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question....I dont have a good answer, I will try just to leave as is once paired
Quote Reply
Re: Avoid Garmin Edge & Vector picks up other PMs in transition [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you type in the power meter ID it will stay locked on it also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:
So at last race my PM and bike computer (Vector and Edge 510) couldnt be matched when I got the bike ready in the morning pre-swim because there were a tons of other powermeters in range. This caused a bit of stress. Decided not to bother with it pre swim and I ended up only getting power readings about 1km into the ride (the first 100 meters there were also PMs present). Not that it mattered but would like to focus on other things the first minutes on the bike than getting the PM to work.

Any suggestions how to solve for this? Leaving the Edge overnight would not be ideal and also, suggestions about coming out of the swim as number 1 is also out of the question :(

Redo the initial setup and say no when it asks if you have a PM, HR, Speed/Cadence. After, add all those in one at a time. Check that each paired by hitting "sensor details" and then click the ID number. Hit enter to save (locks it in). Problem solved.

My theory is that when people say "yes, I have a PM" during setup, it sets it to automatically check each time (since it will pick up your PM whenever you next boot it up and they are close enough). It should then lock that number in, but apparently, they don't and get confused when there are too many to pick up. I followed the above instructions and never have problems in group spins with lots of ANT+ signals flying around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:

This could happen with any brand of PM & computer that weren't paired ahead of time. Same with HR monitors and watches/computers.

I'm just this guy ya know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you always repair your equipment before you ride? Why would you do that?
Quote Reply