Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2010 Specialized Tarmac - good deal?
Quote | Reply
I was offered a 2010 Specialized Tarmac Comp Double for $1000. I rode the bike and it felt solid and very responsive. I only have a tri bike and would use this to join some group rides in the future, but I'm just tempted to get it because you can never have too many bikes and it sounds like a good deal. Is it?

Here's more info on the bike: http://www.specialized.com/...mac/tarmaccompdouble

My other thought is to get an entry level CX bike instead that I can ride year round and join some races for fun.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Specialized Tarmac - good deal? [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You left out if was used or new and I think that would determine whether I would buy it. I had a 2010 Tarmac pro and have 2008 Specialized allez elite and I only have good things to say about both of them.
Quote Reply
Re: 2010 Specialized Tarmac - good deal? [shikailun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, yes, it is used but in good condition. No idea how many miles on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if there are no crashes or major damage on the paintcoat..... worth thinking bout it. but keep in mind after a few 1000 mls there are some things need to be replaced, not talking bout majorbucks but it adds up. riding a 2009 allez, great bike btw.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a fair deal. Just speaking realistically, its about a 5 year old bike now as 2015 models are hitting the floor. If its a friend and they will help with an frame warranty in the future(assuming they're original owner), that helps.

just to give you an idea, if you give up the specialized name you could get this for $1500. New, comparable frame, might even be able to get another 10% off; https://www.performancebike.com/..._1138531_-1___400784
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally think $1000 for a five year old bike with Shimano 105 components is a bad deal. A brand new 2014 Tarmac with 105 is $2000.

I bought a once used 2014 Specialized Tarmac SL4 with 11-speed Ultegra for $1800 on Ebay a few months ago. That was a steal.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply