Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What do most of you find acceptable water temperature for your skinsuit?
Quote | Reply
Racing sunday and have never used a skinsuit only ever wetsuit and was wondering what you find to be too cold to wear a skinsuit? The temperature should be in 70-73 range I think. I know it's a personal preference thing but just seeing what number most seem as acceptable. I would like to use the skinsuit for the swim as it is quite a bit more comfortable for me then the wetsuit. Don't feel as restricted.....
Quote Reply
Re: What do most of you find acceptable water temperature for your skinsuit? [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wetsuit shouldn't feel restricted, are you sure you have the correct size/fit? Wetsuits (properly fitted ones) are almost always faster than swimsuit/speedsuit/skinsuit due to the added buoyancy and lack of leg drag. in 70 - 73 deg water, I would wear a wetsuit (depending on length of the race, but definitely for anything OLY or longer). If you are well padded and an excellent swimmer, you could ditch the wetsuit.

A speed suit/skinsuit does not add any warmth to my knowledge.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: What do most of you find acceptable water temperature for your skinsuit? [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply
68-72F.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply