Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Installing new SPD cleats onto new SIDI tri shoes
Quote | Reply
After fourteen years, I finally broke down and purchased new bike shoes (Sidi T3s). I just purchased new SPD cleats online, but now I'm wondering if I need special Sidi screws, as they seem to suggest in the brochure that came with my new bike shoes. I've gone online, and it looks like there are some Sidi screws for sale, but the only ones I can find for sale are for Look/Keo cleats, not Shimano cleats. Are those the ones I want? Do I even need special screws? It's been far too long since I purchased my current set of Sidis for me to remember whether I had to buy special cleat screws.

Thanks in advance for any insights anyone can offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing new SPD cleats onto new SIDI tri shoes [Eileen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both the T2 tri and genius 5 carbon roads with shimano spd-sl cleats. I used the screws that came with the cleats in both pair so unless something changed you should be OK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do not need special screws. I have two different pairs of Sidi shoes (road and tri) and use the screws that came with my SPD pedals. It's been three years and 2-3 cleat changes without issue :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some Sidis and SPD pedals. You may need to buy screws, maybe not. For me, two of the three went in just fine and screwed in at least a full turn or so. The third one, no luck. It could just grab the thread, but not anywhere close to being secure. I reused screws from my speedplay pedals that were ~4mm longer.

Shimano sells longer screws, but I bet a trip to the hardware store would be cheaper and faster.
Quote Reply