Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona peeps - What's this weekend look like?
Quote | Reply
Three weeks to go. What % of volume this weekend compared to past few weekends? Any key workouts? Taper thoughts?

In prior IM races, three weeks out I usually do a 75-100 mile ride with some 20 min pickups slightly harder than race pace then run 2 miles off the bike to see how my legs feel. Sunday I was planning a run of roughly 75% of my longest run.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona peeps - What's this weekend look like? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not planning to start tapering until 9/28.
Two more long weekends.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona peeps - What's this weekend look like? [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran an hour and 20 this morning then a 4k swim.

Tomorrow I'll ride about 3.5-4 hours but I also rode 410 miles last week with no swimming and very little running. I was in the Dolomites on a previously scheduled cycling trip with the boys. I'll run about 30 mins off the bike.

Sunday will be a 2 hour run and an hour swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's about what I did yesterday: six hour ride with 4900 feet climbing followed by a 4 mile run. Gonna ride again today and then a hard hour swim. Been doing a 100 mile ride each of the last 3 weeks so I am gonna start dialing it back from here. I have done a few IMs and feel like I have a good sense what to do race week but I still have not come up with a good formula for the two weeks before race week that allows me to get the fatigue out of my body while not losing too much fitness. I have always gradually taper volume and followed the maxim of when in doubt cut it out to err on the side of being rested but would be very interested to hear from others in terms of specific workouts they like and don't like during this 2 week period for all 3 sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got sick yesterday. work has been driving me extremely hard recently, and I haven't been training or sleeping a lot. I'll be happy with a finish at this rate. Taper is going to be almost nonexistent (I did this at my qualifier anyway in similar but less extreme circumstances), I might end up riding 4-5 hours in kona on the sunday.
Quote Reply