Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: About those Trucker Hats [oceanswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oceanswimmer wrote:
How on earth did these become popular again?

see post 28
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's hot as blazes here in the summer so I prefer a mesh back hat in the summer as opposed to a fitted cloth one. I did IMFL last year in one with our local bike shop logo on it which worked well because I could fill it with ice and let it melt with the mesh back cooler than a closed back.

To be clear I hate the cheap, foam front, puffy ones.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Savage8778 wrote:
dhr wrote:
This must be the longest lasting "fad" of recent times. These have been popular since the 90s.

Not true, people still get tribal tattoos. It is really quite tragic.

Ha! Maybe it transcends "fad" and becomes "lifestyle".

"Oh, you're into triathlon? Well I'm into trucker hats and sick tribal ink."

Although Wattie Ink may have combined those two passions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I remember as a kid I had a Hardee's trucker hat. It was brown mesh with an off white front with the old Hardee's logo on it. Doesn't get much more redneck than that. Interestingly, when I was raised a mason, I was given a lodge hat, which was also a trucker hat. All blue with blue mesh and front. Had some sort of string strap on the front over the brim to maybe hold things like a sign that says, "I'm a tool" or "what me worry?"

Got one at a flea market probably 20 years ago that says "I DIDN'T WAKE UP GRUMPY THIS MORNING, I LET HER SLEEP IN"

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who can forget the one Sea Bass in Dumb and Dumber wore.

[/url]

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Luke's trucker hat was actually for a charity.
2. I don't hate the ones Betty Designs is putting out for the gals.

Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to be a Trucker Hat snob and would have never been caught dead in one. Deschutes had a tap takeover at my local watering hole and gave me one. It sat around for about a month, then one day I grabbed it cause I needed a cap for a mid afternoon dog walk. Low and behold the damn thing is way way cooler than any of my probably 27 other available hats. We used to call them "Gimme hats" in the 70/80s cause most everyplace gave them away free.
Now I actually have 3 of the stupid things. I will promise you they are a lot cooler than any other ball cap you own. Nuff said bout dat.
Quote Reply
Re: About those Trucker Hats [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ones I'm seeing linked here are kinda half-assing it though, with a relatively low dome. The 'real' old-skool TRUCKER hats (not just a ball cap w/ a mesh back) have the much taller front for proudly displaying your farm equipment logo or favorite NASCAR quote (whether authentic or ironic intent).

And I too prefer the snap back, as the buckled ones tend to not hold their adjustment as well (plus the brass ones will eventually corrode and turn green), while fitted versions are often too warm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next