Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never spend more than 75 minutes on the trainer, last winter was brutal so i was on it from december to late march, all i did was one 2x20/2:00 at one hour or faster all out pace, one 20:00 at that pace, and one 30:00 at a little harder than half im pace, by early june i was already averaging over 23 mph in half IMs and full IM i did couple weeks ago averaged 21.5, my best biking season ever after i stopped doing longer rides on the trainer
Quote Reply
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the answer.

sentania wrote:
Quote:
What's your favorite trainer-coping media?

I remind myself how pissed I am when I suck in races.

I ask myself how Napoleon felt coming in second at Waterloo. Not so good.
Quote Reply
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No matter how many posts there are like this people will continue to ignore them. And play video games. And watch movies.

Then, next summer wonder they didn't get any faster.

goregrind wrote:
never spend more than 75 minutes on the trainer, last winter was brutal so i was on it from december to late march, all i did was one 2x20/2:00 at one hour or faster all out pace, one 20:00 at that pace, and one 30:00 at a little harder than half im pace, by early june i was already averaging over 23 mph in half IMs and full IM i did couple weeks ago averaged 21.5, my best biking season ever after i stopped doing longer rides on the trainer
Quote Reply
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
No matter how many posts there are like this people will continue to ignore them. And play video games. And watch movies.

goregrind wrote:

Movies are fine. I used trainerroad + Kickr to ensure I was not slacking off, and would do up to 3 hr trainer rides no problem, as well as shorter more intense stuff.

Video games, probably not!
Quote Reply
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 to Sufferfest here as well.

Even after watching them 20 times, I still laugh at most of the jokes.

Nothing like passing Bluebell and Glowworm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fitknight wrote:
Hmmm...I do have an old PowerMac G4 that might get upgraded from "paperweight" status then...have to monkey with it and see if it works!

Do you have an iPhone / iPad? They have an app in Beta that is either just out, or will be very soon. I think they posted some info from Interbike on their Facebook page. You could ask on the TR thread and Nate will most likely chime in.
Quote Reply
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:

goregrind wrote:

You don't know if he went from 22.9 and 21.4 to those figures though.

Maybe someone watching movies went from 21 to 23 and 20-21.5 therefore making better improvements.

I didn't have a power meter when I started so this is virtual power but I went from 205 last october to 276 in may watching TV and movies every second I was on the trainer..That 276 was with a screwed up meniscus and lots of time off due to an achilles injury before that ( I had a bad winter)

Just because someone can't watch a movie and still go hard doesn't mean no one else can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have around 100 different videos of the giro, vuelta, tour, spring and fall classics, etc of various lengths that I rotate through so they don't get boring. I have a computrainer so I do a split screen with the that readout of power, speed, etc.
I also do the very low tech of listening to the radio.
Quote Reply
Re: Passing the time on the trainer [soaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iPad with Amazon Prime Instant video, or iTunes Video sharing, or live TV via the TiVo next to a laptop running Trainer Road. Here's to hoping the iOS client comes out soon...

-Alex

Quote Reply

Prev Next