Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! I never win anything.

Well done Jens but this was just a skirmish in the Hour War.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was nice that Spartacus let Jensie borrow a Swiss Velodrome for the day

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks... did you have typos in the .25 and .26 lines?

somebody else said they heard that he went 410 watts AP.

kcb203 wrote:
With these assumptions:

Air density 1.14 (18 degrees, 430 meters altitude, 70% humidity)
Jens (with clothing, shoes, helmet): 77 kg
Bike: 7.9 kg
crr: .002

I get these combos:

.20 cda/350 watts
.21 cda/367 watts
.22 cda/383 watts
.23 cda/400 watts
.24 cda/416 watts
.25 cda/432 watts
.25 cda/417 watts
.26 cda/433 watts

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
So a speed of 51.24 kph and a total distance of 53.2 km. That's how I interpreted it, anyway. Beats me why there was a difference, but it's not like the winner get's a new car, so whatever.

I know what I wrote. I figured with Jens involved, pink wouldn't have been necessary for the second half. Plus, the thread title did ask how "fast" Jens would go.
Fine, fine. You win the prize. Be looking for that in the mail.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [xc800runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, your joke wasn't lost on me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
xc800runner wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
So a speed of 51.24 kph and a total distance of 53.2 km. That's how I interpreted it, anyway. Beats me why there was a difference, but it's not like the winner get's a new car, so whatever.

I know what I wrote. I figured with Jens involved, pink wouldn't have been necessary for the second half. Plus, the thread title did ask how "fast" Jens would go.

Why is there a difference?

It was a joke regarding Jens going so fast he broke the bounds of space/time. A la the Jens memes printed on his bike and found all over cycling publications/websites. I can't believe I actually have to explain this. And this physics geek is now out. Back to engineering work.

Well, I laughed at it. It reminded me of this classic Utah video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhm7-LEBznk

There aren't enough facepalms. Well played, sir.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice going guys. I missed the live coverage, you know, have to sleep an' all. But readying through the posts was practically like being there, I actually felt the build in excitement towards the end as he speed up. Top job, good team effort, and of course kudos to Jens, who made it all happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xc800runner wrote:
Jens is the Chuck Norris of cycling. Only chuck can't keep up. I think they have an understanding that Chuck stays out of cycling, Jens stays out of Karate, and the earth keeps circling the sun.

http://www.jensvoigtfacts.com/ - Refresh for new Jens-isms

Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment.

Like Jens, this one will have to retire after today:

Jens Voigt has never made an attempt at the hour record because he could do it in less than 60 minutes.

#WWJD? What Would Jens Do?

ATTACK!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
xc800runner wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:

I still don't understand how the two could be different. He rode for an hour and should have covered the same distance as the speed he averaged?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea on how the distance measurement was made?
It wasn't a 250/meter interval, so it wasn't full laps.
When the time ended did they take a screen shot and measure?
Are the reference points used?

I see it was revised from 51.15 to 51.11. He lost 40 meters.

I like how he kept going. Made sure to finish strong.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time split on the lap before 60 minutes, and a time split when he crosses the line after 60, then math to interpolate the 60 minute distance.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:
xc800runner wrote:
T-wrecks wrote:

I still don't understand how the two could be different. He rode for an hour and should have covered the same distance as the speed he averaged?

Relativistic effects come into play at those velocities.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Time split on the lap before 60 minutes, and a time split when he crosses the line after 60, then math to interpolate the 60 minute distance.
Interesting. That would explain completing the extra lap. Seems fairly inaccurate. Maybe that's why 10 meter resolution.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official "How Fast (far) Will Jens Go?" thread. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. In reality he was actually ahead of himself, because by the time the light (his image) reaches us he is already further ahead.
Quote Reply

Prev Next