Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Workouts(bike,run) for Build 1 period
Quote | Reply
I just finished Base 3 and am sick of all the HR Zone 2 stuff but want to be cautious as I ramp things up. Please hit me with your top 3 Power Based Bike workouts(outside or trainer), and HR Based Run workouts for Build 1(Olympic and 70.3 distances). Thanks!!!

"Wait.....and Hope" -Edmond Dantes
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Workouts(bike,run) for Build 1 period [BambooKing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a trainer road membership, the best money spent/training advice I can give you for bike gains.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out on the run or on the road, I like hill reps, hill intervals and hill sprints. I say like... I hate them, but feel I've achieved. Group riding is also a favourite in this period to help push the intensity up. Wednesday Night Worlds...

On the turbo, or running, I do crisscross threshold (M4) workouts. For turbo training I also have a bunch of Sufferfest workouts and use one that fits the day's schedule best.

I presume this is Friel's Base3/Build1 you're referencing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF is build 1?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Workouts(bike,run) for Build 1 period [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe its after base 3 and before build 2
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Workouts(bike,run) for Build 1 period [ronniewo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree with the Trainerroad membership. Best money I spent all of last year...and that includes a new power meter.

I have seen drastic improvements in everything up until the 112 mile distance...where I am just a giant baby and can't seem to ride it worth a damn.
Quote Reply