Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My short Edmonton 2014 ITU World Championship Race report [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats Dave. Well done and great picture!
Quote Reply
Re: My short Edmonton 2014 ITU World Championship Race report [carbBOOM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carbBOOM wrote:
Congrats Dave. Well done and great picture!

Thanks. No doubt my nutrition of choice for race day is always CarbBoom, as it was at all three races in Edmonton.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: My short Edmonton 2014 ITU World Championship Race report [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice work man!

What do you mean by running in your bike shoes? I'm (probably incorrectly) imagining you running in stiff soled shoes with cleats built in. Don't see that in the picture though.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic! It is fun to watch your successes. See you on-course in Rancho Cordova.

http://www.Boomnutrition.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Sir! Fantastic results & way to represent the USA, Outstanding!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being from Edmonton I've done most of this course numerous times. All in all, I think it's pretty good. We were hounding city council to re-pave roads up to two weeks before races began. Glad to see they came through and the city came through for the whole week, I thought. My unscientific survey of visitors told me Edmonton should have been proud of hosting this event. I think the quality of the athletes was generally better than other worlds I've been to. I'm guessing not too many people would have come just for good shopping opportunities at West Edmonton Mall. Not being a holiday destination, serious competition made the trip. On the weight/height thing, I've always wanted to see a study using weight/height and speed on a graph. I'm pretty envious seeing guys run by me who weigh 158, or less. At 6'1" and 175 I'm not fat but maybe I'd run like Alistair Brownlee if I was to get down to his 154 pounds ....... not likely but I'm sure less is better. Thank you for your positive comments about the experience and your great results.
Quote Reply
Re: My short Edmonton 2014 ITU World Championship Race report [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mendeldave wrote:
nice work man!

What do you mean by running in your bike shoes? I'm (probably incorrectly) imagining you running in stiff soled shoes with cleats built in. Don't see that in the picture though.

When I get to my bike in T1, I usually put my feet in a bucket of water, I then get down on my knees and put on one sock and then put on my first bike shoe. Switch knee and put on
another sock and then the other bike shoe. I then take off running full steam already wearing my bike shoes. I then see so many struggle to get into their bike shoes which were
attached to their pedals as I fly by them. But as I said, in many cases, only to have them flying by me in a few moments. :o(

The total wrong was, by ST standards, to do a transition.

I also run back into T2 with my bike shoes one, get into my running shoes, and take off, usually with the fastest T2 times.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: My short Edmonton 2014 ITU World Championship Race report [carbBOOM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carbBOOM wrote:
Fantastic! It is fun to watch your successes. See you on-course in Rancho Cordova.

http://www.Boomnutrition.com

Yep, hope to see you and team at the CarbBOOM station on October 5th at Challenge Rancho Cordova.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Mendeldave wrote:
nice work man!

When I get to my bike in T1, I usually put my feet in a bucket of water, I then get down on my knees and put on one sock and then put on my first bike shoe. Switch knee and put on
another sock and then the other bike shoe. I then take off running full steam already wearing my bike shoes. I then see so many struggle to get into their bike shoes which were
attached to their pedals as I fly by them. But as I said, in many cases, only to have them flying by me in a few moments. :o(

The total wrong was, by ST standards, to do a transition.

I also run back into T2 with my bike shoes one, get into my running shoes, and take off, usually with the fastest T2 times.

hahahah duh. I should have realized that. Exactly what I do. Funny, in another thread this just came up.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a great performance at Edmonton. I would also agree that ITU and Edmonton put on an outstanding event and it was by far the best World Champs I have raced at.
Also just to fuel the PowerCranks debate I am delighted that you feel that they help you maintain a decent run pace - I also use them on my Turbo regularly and came away from Edmonton with a Silver in the Sprint and a Gold in the Standard.

Chris Walker.
Gibraltar,
Europe
Quote Reply
Re: My short Edmonton 2014 ITU World Championship Race report [Gibraltar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gibraltar wrote:
Congrats on a great performance at Edmonton. I would also agree that ITU and Edmonton put on an outstanding event and it was by far the best World Champs I have raced at.
Also just to fuel the PowerCranks debate I am delighted that you feel that they help you maintain a decent run pace - I also use them on my Turbo regularly and came away from Edmonton with a Silver in the Sprint and a Gold in the Standard.

Wow, a big congrads. Silver and Gold. Now that is studly!!!! And against that difficult field.

This was my 4th WC and I agree, was the best one by far I have been to. Kudos to Edmonton!

I thought I was the only person who used powercranks to help my running. Glad to see I have some company. :o)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks Dave. If I had done your transition technique I actually would have been 30 sec faster on bike. I somehow broke my left bike shoe cleat earlier in week and didn't realize it. It was loose on the sprint, but held ok. In the Olympic I knocked my shoe off during flying mount. Had to lay down bike, run 20 feet back to get shoe, then run back to bike and clip in. It wasn't until after race I realized what happened and that my cleat was broken. So I will stick to the flying mount, just make sure I inspect my gear better. Luckily, it didn't affect my AG place as I was about a minute behind 7th just made my time slower.

Yes, I am definitely in for Chicago. Chicago course actually suits my strengths better with the straight flat road on the bike, but Edmonton course definitely more fun. Edmonton was a great experience. Great job by the host organization and city.
Last edited by: Dnowak: Sep 4, 14 21:55
Quote Reply

Prev Next