Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit
Quote | Reply
Just got my kit last week and went out with it this past weekend. Awesome fit. I might have gone smaller on the top, but still fits fine. Slimmed down a bit.

The bib shorts, 400 milers, seriously wow. Rides really well, just ordered two more. So happy with them. I've been happy with Castelli bib shorts over, Pearl Izumis, but these are my favorite so far.

Thanks Emilio!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [gohmdoree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The jersey fits me the way I want, not skin tight, not too loose. Very comfortable in the aero position and wonder if this jersey is the Desoto Tri-jersey that is for sale. The jersey is the only piece I ordered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I already had 400 mile bibs which I love but this is my first cycling top. Is the top supposed to bow outwards in the front along the zipper? The zipper appears to be 3-4 inches too long with a straight torso and even worse when I'm on the bike. This results in one or more strange looking protrusions. If I put all the slack in one place, it creates a sizable bump, like a small pointy breast in the middle of my torso.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the same, and my only thought would be we both needed a size shorter? I just pull it down and its fine. Some of my other jerseys are too short.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a long torso and muscular build so it must be the way it was designed. Too bad, it's really nice otherwise. I'll probably have it tailored.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2......have had several compliments ....and the 400 mile bib, beyond nice....I'll be ordering more, super comfy!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
I already had 400 mile bibs which I love but this is my first cycling top. Is the top supposed to bow outwards in the front along the zipper? The zipper appears to be 3-4 inches too long with a straight torso and even worse when I'm on the bike. This results in one or more strange looking protrusions. If I put all the slack in one place, it creates a sizable bump, like a small pointy breast in the middle of my torso.

The first time I wore it (for six miles), the bottom folded up so the inside was outside.

The next time I wore it, I did 102mi @ 20.6mph. It was bulging the entire time.

And yes, the front is too long. I'd say that is a design error: no other bike jersey I have or have had has that issue. The jersey otherwise fits me perfectly, and on a warm and very humid century I never even thought about unzipping it to cool off.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
-W- wrote:

The first time I wore it (for six miles), the bottom folded up so the inside was outside.

And yes, the front is too long. I'd say that is a design error: no other bike jersey I have or have had has that issue. The jersey otherwise fits me perfectly, and on a warm and very humid century I never even thought about unzipping it to cool off.

Nice brag post!
So is anyone gonna post a pic?
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same issue here and I have the last DeSoto custom kit (and other tops) in the same size that fit perfectly. Classifies are confirming others having issues as well...perhaps Emilio can chime in on why the change in cut.
Last edited by: ktm520: Sep 1, 14 22:15
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
klehner wrote:
-W- wrote:

Nice brag post!
So is anyone gonna post a pic?

My apologies. I need to add that it was a group (of six to eight) ride.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the style, love the bibs, but the jersey is WAY too long. Im not exactly short in the torso either. I have to fold the jersey under to keep from terrible bulging at the zipper when bent over.

I love Desoto products, and have a bunch, but i may not be reaching for this kit as my go-to...unfortunate because the bottoms are awesome.

I may see if I can take it to a tailer and have it shortened, but then Ill lose the elasticity/gripper
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto/Slowtwitch Commemorative kit [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess mine is a bit on the longer size than I'm used to, but I think its okay still. I'm longer on the top also.
Quote Reply