Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Devlin [ In reply to ]
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're half right and half wrong.

Once I take my bike out in public, you're right -- I have no expectation of privacy. Someone can take a picture of it if they feel like it.

But if I'm riding along and someone asks me to get off my bike and lean it against that fence over there so they can take a picture of it with the sun shining on it just so, I'm not obligated to stop and get off and submit to their photo shoot.

What the WTC is doing is more the latter IMO. They're not snapping a pic as I go by. They want me to let them take a picture of my bike in a location and position of their choosing.

They may or may not have a right to ask for that, I dunno. I am in their transition area after all. But if they do, that right surely wasn't conveyed in the blurb the other guy posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is about the most useless thread I've ever read on ST.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re-read the fern thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [kthomas151] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm......I don't think I've ever read that thread. Maybe that's why I think this one is so bad.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear, injured, can't race, barely exercise.

I am that bored I read this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
This is about the most useless thread I've ever read on ST.

This!
I have read bitchin and whinning threads before but this takes the cake.
And I can't freaking believe I just wasted five minutes of my life reading it.
Goodness Gracious!
Quote Reply
Re: Taking pics of bikes in transition by volunteers [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did it at MT in 2013 too, but only the bike, didn't take the pic of the rider with it. I thought it was kind of cool, just made me feel like I was at 'the big show', walking into transition, having your bike whisked away for a photo.. :)

I thought maybe it was in case I won, so they could send the pic to slowtwitch for an article about the winner's bike. :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next