Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:
I understand your shock and I do try to follow triathlon but with ITU being the best (ducks for cover) then also following IM and 1/2 IM there are a lot of 2nd/3rd tier races that are won by athletes who aren't going to make an impact at a championship race. Lets not focus on one athlete for a second and talk about Tim Don. Who has had a very successful ITU career he has also won a number of 70.3s this year but I think came 2nd in a race to Jan when good competitive turned up to play? Without that result would anybody be picking him for a podium. Actually Tim is another championship you can pull something special out on the day.

For me the best championship racer was Simon Whitfield. He wins at Sydney, Manchester and a silver in Beijing (which was really against the form he had shown that year) were amazing. It would be great to see him back and he certainly isn't too old yet.
x2....would love to see him on the 70.3 circuit. Definitely not too old!
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
newManUK wrote:
I understand your shock and I do try to follow triathlon but with ITU being the best (ducks for cover) then also following IM and 1/2 IM there are a lot of 2nd/3rd tier races that are won by athletes who aren't going to make an impact at a championship race. Lets not focus on one athlete for a second and talk about Tim Don. Who has had a very successful ITU career he has also won a number of 70.3s this year but I think came 2nd in a race to Jan when good competitive turned up to play? Without that result would anybody be picking him for a podium. Actually Tim is another championship you can pull something special out on the day.

For me the best championship racer was Simon Whitfield. He wins at Sydney, Manchester and a silver in Beijing (which was really against the form he had shown that year) were amazing. It would be great to see him back and he certainly isn't too old yet.
x2....would love to see him on the 70.3 circuit. Definitely not too old!

I think he was spectating last weekend so we can live in hope but then again maybe other greats where there too. Simon Lessing, Miles Stewart, Mark Allen, Greg Welch and probably lots I have forgotten.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Beijing race was his greatest IMO
To see him latch back on after being dropped halfway through the run is something I will never forget. Race went off live here in Canada late in the evening and my exact words to Ms Shady when he was dropped were . ..'that's it . he's done'....haha...she has never let me forget that!
We saw him in the pedestrian village couple weeks ago during IMMT (so maybe he is contemplating a come back:) We would all love to see it but doubt it will happen. He appears to enjoy SUP too much these days :)

Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
That Beijing race was his greatest IMO
To see him latch back on after being dropped halfway through the run is something I will never forget. Race went off live here in Canada late in the evening and my exact words to Ms Shady when he was dropped were . ..'that's it . he's done'....haha...she has never let me forget that!
We saw him in the pedestrian village couple weeks ago during IMMT (so maybe he is contemplating a come back:) We would all love to see it but doubt it will happen. He appears to enjoy SUP too much these days :)

At Beijing he was like the cockroach who could not be killed. Yes, that was better than his gold even though the color was silver. When I show a video to kids, that's the example for "never give up".
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Gomez
2. Frodeno
3. Kienle

1. Hauschildt
Jackson
Wurtele
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rana
Gomez
Saunders

Would love to see Luxford in the podium!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesse Thomas
Frodeno
Gomez
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rinny
Crowie
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  1. McMahon
  2. Kienle
  3. Sanders

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Side note, Whitfield did race on a team with edmonton oilers defenceman Andrew Ferrence (bike) and head coach Dallas Eakens (run) not sure of the times but they won!!

Funny to hear about triathlon on NHL radio, I guess the coach is a bit of a fitness nut who bike commutes through Edmonton winters! Funny photo out there of Ferrence giving Oilers jersey's to Gomez, Brownlee and Jorgenson.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Women:

Ryf
Hauschildt
Luxford

longshot: McBride

Men:
Gomez
Frodeno
Sanders (a longshot)

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was coming back from the groceries at 5:30pm from 117 and saw Sebi pushing hard an aero climbing back on Montée Ryan... Wondering if I took easy today during my ride!

Guess some Pro train hard until last minute! I think Sebastian knows what he's doing! Two time 70.3 world champion.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what the coverage will be like? On IM website
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTL wrote:
I was coming back from the groceries at 5:30pm from 117 and saw Sebi pushing hard an aero climbing back on Montée Ryan... Wondering if I took easy today during my ride!

Guess some Pro train hard until last minute! I think Sebastian knows what he's doing! Two time 70.3 world champion.

LOL...he was trying to make sure that no one accuses him of being on the tapered list!
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Side note, Whitfield did race on a team with edmonton oilers defenceman Andrew Ferrence (bike) and head coach Dallas Eakens (run) not sure of the times but they won!!

Funny to hear about triathlon on NHL radio, I guess the coach is a bit of a fitness nut who bike commutes through Edmonton winters! Funny photo out there of Ferrence giving Oilers jersey's to Gomez, Brownlee and Jorgenson.

Maurice

It's a problem for Oilers & Canucks when their coach & president respectively can compete in fitness tests.

Yes. I'm a Leafs fan. Bring back cigar smoking Quinn!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Anyone know what the coverage will be like? On IM website

Stationary cameras, occasional video updates with Greg Welch and a live tracker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders only raced in North America, not known in Europe. Just like Boris Stein is not yet known in the US, and they rate him quite low for this race, but they could be in for a surprise (which would not be such a surprise if you followed his season).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No one predicted inability to actually track the race live! This coverage is amateur hour. Thought Andrew wanted to showcase pros & Tremblant the community? I'm getting better updates from Siri's twitter feed than ironmanlive

Pitiful.

Really disappointing.

Suspect this is build to gain appetite for PPV coverage in future.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2. Frondeno
1.Gomez
4. Sanders
3. Don
Am i too late????
Last edited by: monty: Sep 7, 14 7:53
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Sanders only raced in North America, not known in Europe. Just like Boris Stein is not yet known in the US, and they rate him quite low for this race, but they could be in for a surprise (which would not be such a surprise if you followed his season).

Yep... off the bike and I'd be genuinely surprised if Stein manages to finish in the top 5... for the women.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
Gomez
Frodeno
Don

Hauschildt
Fredrickson
Luxford

We'll I gummed up the women's race but who really cares about them right? So what do I win"
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, but i got the top 4, so what do i win??? Just did a recalculation after the run started , but had my top 4 pretty nailed...

2. Frondeno
1.Gomez
4. Sanders
3. Don
Am i too late????
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Gomez, Frodeno, Don

Ryf, Hauschildt, Vodickova

4 out of 6. And both winners.

Anyone who didn't pick Ryf hasn't been paying attention...
She'll win Kona next.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [Scott_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got 4 of the 5 but not in the correct places, some great racing today!

Scott_D wrote:
What made you change the course? Just more spectator friendly at 2 loops?

I liked that the trail was paved for Ironman, I think that and conditions def made it faster than years past.

As for my picks

1. Frodo
2. Gomez
3. Kienle
4. Saunders ( I think he will be too far down on the swim and the top guys run form is too good for him to catch)
5. Don
Quote Reply
Re: 1 week from Ironman 70.3 World Championship, time to pick the top 3 men and women [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Gomez, Frodeno, Don

Ryf, Hauschildt, Vodickova

4 out of 6. And both winners.

Anyone who didn't pick Ryf hasn't been paying attention...
She'll win Kona next.

Glad someone finally acknowledges Daniela's big achievement this weekend. It was all about Gomez/Frodo duel, and Saunders "contending for the podium" (or running into fourth :-)).

And yes, definitely see her winning Kona, although she's still relatively unexperienced at the Iron distance, so it'll be tough to do. Hoping for a swiss 1-2 Daniela-Caroline (why not Natasha in third) :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next