Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paula Is Back!
Quote | Reply
Great to see Paula Findlay back out there today. With the front of the pack through the bike even taking a pull at the front and then running home to a 15th place finish. It must have felt great for her to be back in the mix and in front of the home crowd.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Is Back! [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not Canadian but I completely agree! Way too talented to see her fade away.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Is Back! [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not American but it was amazing to see Gwen literally run away from the field. 1:20 down to win by 16? Unreal

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
I'm not Canadian but I completely agree! Way too talented to see her fade away.

Also 2 years from now to Rio if Siri can keep her healthy and keep building on this. I feel she is with the right coach now for her needs. Someone who herself has been through the ringer of elite women's ITU racing. All these male coaches may be great, but sometimes for the girls to have someone who has gone through all the same types of ups and down is a real benefit in terms of someone they can lean on. I also feel that no matter how much they try, most male coaches cant know exactly what it is like to be an elite female athlete. Siri can relate at that level physiologically, mentally and emotionally (now, I better back away from this thread because people will be all over me pointing to countless examples of male coaches who have success with women)....but from the outside, I feel that Paula needs as much of a mentor and role model as she does a technical coach, which Siri, by all account can be.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Is Back! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She swam and rode with the best women in the world today and when she finds her run legs again, she will be where Gwen is now. It will be amazing to watch. The nice part will be that she does not have to run from the second pack to win. Gwen better get her swim and bike on.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Is Back! [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, pretty unbelievable. I thought 1:15 was too big a gap and she closed it with some road to spare. Hopefully Paula will get all the way back and they can duel in out in Rio. BTW, we can't ignore another gutsy performance by the oft overlooked American, Sarah Groff. She'll be in the mix in Rio, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that Paula needs something different - cause what shebwas doing wasn't working. I was surprised to see her start & happy to see where she finished. She deserves a better end to her career than just fading away.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Is Back! [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
I agree that Paula needs something different - cause what shebwas doing wasn't working. I was surprised to see her start & happy to see where she finished. She deserves a better end to her career than just fading away.
I am happy for her too. And she is still quite young. Hopefully it is just the beginning of her career not the end. Gwen is 28 and Paula is only 25.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
Yeah, pretty unbelievable. I thought 1:15 was too big a gap and she closed it with some road to spare. Hopefully Paula will get all the way back and they can duel in out in Rio. BTW, we can't ignore another gutsy performance by the oft overlooked American, Sarah Groff. She'll be in the mix in Rio, too.

It was a big gap and Hewitt was really strong but when the bell lap hit Gwen had already caught up and found another gear. Hewitt didn't fade, Gwen just has unreal leg speed.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I have been saying all week.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Is Back! [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:

Consider this the start of Paula's career. This is the start line with Siri. I bet Siri just counts the old stuff as spring training for this new "season". All the other stuff was just development. both the highs and lows. She is super young and has a long road (if she wants). Maybe one day 15 or 20 years from now, she'll look back and the road to London will have been the best thing that ever happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
Maybe one day 15 or 20 years from now, she'll look back and the road to London will have been the best thing that ever happened.

Yes and let's hop the Kelly v Whitfield thing is far in the distance then too.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply