Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question for Dan [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan

I have no understanding about ironman's part in this except what I read in your very interesting interview, I thought I made it clear in my last statement that my opinion was it is better that it is being run as a challenge event. I don't see they even have a dog in the fight at this point anyway and I would never be stupid enough to try to represent them in any way. You will receive money in the form of advertising on your site from sponsorships associated with this event so I see it that you have more financial interests than me in this. My comments are based on your willingness to stand up to defend a country (any country) in the middle east, I have no issues with anyone in this and 'can understand why you support all other aspects of the event but I found your stance somewhat puzzling. I think you should shine up the Bahrainis for they have made this event possible because of their involvement in the sport and as I have stated I have and have never had any issues with them or their country.

Competition is good and I am happy Felix has stayed true to his ethics and vision, I wish challenge, the race, royal family and the country of Bahrain every success.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [TimJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You will receive money in the form of advertising on your site from sponsorships associated with this event so I see it that you have more financial interests than me in this."

you're saying that when we write our coverage article, saying that some fellow and some lady won the race, that the banner advertisements on that page are my financial interest in this? hence your comment? okay, fair enough. thanks for the clarification.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [jkp07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None of us are perfect. We have good points and bad points, and we are all children of our own history.

Bahrain isn't the poster child for how I think a society should run, but the interview was not about Bahrain and their social setup, it was a triathlon article.

The guy came across as a decent human being, going some way to make life better for people, in his own little way. I don't know if we'd meet and become BFF's but hell, he's certainly working on the right side of the line, trying to do good for people.

As for Dan making money out of the interview, yeah, in some way he probably will. We all need to make a living and Dan set up ST for that purpose (amongst his other reasons) and that's awesome! Among other things, that interview let us all get a glimpse into the expansion of triathlon, the proper addiction he has, just like many of us. I thought it was cool. A great bringing of us together, with a shared love of triathlon.

There's enough tearing this world apart. We need more people gluing it back together!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
None of us are perfect. We have good points and bad points, and we are all children of our own history.

Bahrain isn't the poster child for how I think a society should run, but the interview was not about Bahrain and their social setup, it was a triathlon article.

The guy came across as a decent human being, going some way to make life better for people, in his own little way. I don't know if we'd meet and become BFF's but hell, he's certainly working on the right side of the line, trying to do good for people.

As for Dan making money out of the interview, yeah, in some way he probably will. We all need to make a living and Dan set up ST for that purpose (amongst his other reasons) and that's awesome! Among other things, that interview let us all get a glimpse into the expansion of triathlon, the proper addiction he has, just like many of us. I thought it was cool. A great bringing of us together, with a shared love of triathlon.

There's enough tearing this world apart. We need more people gluing it back together!

Very well written and said!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next