Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pick the podium: Hy-Vee Elite Cup
Quote | Reply
The weekend should prove to have some exciting Olympic distance racing between the ITU Grand Final in Edmonton on Sat. & Sun. and the Hy-Vee Elite Cup in Des Moines on Sunday.

This one is harder for me to pick because there are quite a few Iron distance athletes toeing the line and one simply won't know how they'll fare at this distance. A huge question mark for me will be Rinny's performance at the distance. Mainly, will her swim/bike get her to the run course fast enough for her 10k legs to get onto the podium?

Last year we saw a deeper field with London Olympic athletes getting an automatic invitation. Gold medals were won by Gomez (ESP) and Emma Moffett (AUS) who will be instead be racing the WTS Grand Final Sat. and Sun. Hy-Vee start list: http://triathlon.competitor.com/...vee-elite-cup_104894

Men
1) Ivan Raña
2) Kemper
3) Wild
4) Bennett
5) Cam Dye

Women
1) Hauschildt
2) Frederiksen
3) Vodickova
4) Mary Beth Ellis
5) Goss

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Pick the podium: Hy-Vee Elite Cup [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kemper/Hauschikdt
Both 2nd place last year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Ivan Rana
2) Hunter Kemper
3) Cam Dye

1) Hauschildt
2) Goss
3) Mary Beth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite a few men from the 2004/2008 Olympic Games are racing HyVee: Bennet, Kemper, Rana, Docherty, Reed, Kahlefeldt

I'll take Bevan though who knows where these guys are in their training cycle.

And I am curious to see how Tom Davison does in a non draft race. Can he out cycle all these guys and build a 1 min gap?
Quote Reply
Re: Pick the podium: Hy-Vee Elite Cup [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Homie's a hell of an athlete, but he'll need more than a minute on this field...maybe 3-4?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Here's the results: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...in_Hy-Vee__4566.html

Hunter Kemper has no age, that guy can just keep doing his thing year after year.

BTW, Tim I have never met you but I am sure we crossed paths at some point on the out and back at Sugar River today.
Quote Reply
Re: Pick the podium: Hy-Vee Elite Cup [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool! Nice work out there today Ben.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the picture from Hunters Facebook page it's sad what the race has become. No one in the grandstands, they should have never separated from ITU.
Quote Reply
Re: Pick the podium: Hy-Vee Elite Cup [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Looking at the picture from Hunters Facebook page it's sad what the race has become. No one in the grandstands, they should have never separated from ITU.

Even two years ago when it was nondraft, but the 4x10km loop for pros on the bike in the afternoon, it was pretty legit I thought. That was also when they still had the $5,150 primes per lap, etc, as well. Last year was really the beginning of the end by re-combining it with the AG race, making it more similar to Life Time, the now no longer existent Rev3 races, and other non-draft Oly races.
Cutting the money and primes at Hy-Vee made points-chasing through the 5150 series less appealing, and in turn, I think a lot of the series races have suffered as well.
I sure hope other race series take this as a lesson about pro fields.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Pick the podium: Hy-Vee Elite Cup [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of that had to do with the timing of the pro race this year due to course changes. The 5150 and AG race did not even start until all the pros were off the bike, leaving most people watching family at other spots on the course. There were a ton of people out there today.

ETA: they also used to have transition at the grandstand as well, not anymore..

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Last edited by: coopdog: Aug 31, 14 17:54
Quote Reply