Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Fuel Plan - specific to Type 2 Diabetes
Quote | Reply
Moving from sprint distance to Olympic... and then beyond. Learning to fuel properly for Type 2 diabetes. Can't do gels - have found packets of maple almond butter are good. working on figuring out liquid nutrition - please share what works for you Type 2 diabetics!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Fuel Plan - specific to Type 2 Diabetes [mkmarcia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you take any meds for yours? My A1C usaully stays between 5-6 so I'm not currently taking meds just diet controlled. My doctor simply told me to do what gives me the energy during a race or hard workouts without over doing it, but be more cautious with my everyday meals. So far so good, my weight is still not where I would like it but when I check my sugar it's always where it needs to be. I use honey a lot even though it doesn't have all the things you get from gels. There are plenty of recipes if you look to make your on gels with honey or other things. On long rides I will mix alittle coke and honey in a small gel flask of course I shake the coke or do what I can to get it kinda flat. But overall I just try to justify my energy input to my energy output during the race or workout. It's a hit and miss sometimes but I've kinda learned over the years what works best for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Fuel Plan - specific to Type 2 Diabetes [s.williams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take Metformin. Had gone off for a few months, but A1C elevated again. My sugar can drop too much on longer workouts, so I am trying to find ways to keep balanced.
Quote Reply