Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ITU short course AG DL races at 2016 worlds [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dale3 wrote:
It would be nice to get clarification sooner rather than later, as it will factor in to my race plans next season.

Were there any rumblings about a location for 2016 world's or when the location might be announced?

Clearly the existing NDL sprint and standard races seem from everyone I talked to staying the same. If a DL where to happen,
again the word the ITU executive board member used to me was experiment, and then said small.

Only comments floating around for 2016 worlds was Mexico and South Africa. But nothing official.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: ITU short course AG DL races at 2016 worlds [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I thought South Africa might be a likely candidate with the WTS race there this year, but would be surprised with Mexico as it would mean a third straight year in North America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another athlete I met in Edmonton had heard Cape Town, South Africa. Completely second hand info, don't know his sources or credibility. But it would make sense geographically speaking with where it has been recently and being in Chicago next year. Again, I do not have a credible source on this, only a rumor I heard.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU short course AG DL races at 2016 worlds [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cape Town? Should be easier to qualify for it if you are from the US.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU short course AG DL races at 2016 worlds [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not surprised to see a race on the WTS circuit next year in Australia now that the schedule has been announced.

My guesses for possible locations for the Grand Final in 2016 were Cape Town and Australia. I believe the last time the Grand Final was in Australia was 2009 and Auckland hosted in 2012, so it's been a few years since its been held in that region.. Seeing a WTS race in the Gold Coast next year makes me think it might be a stronger possibility, since the Grand Final location is typically included as a WTS race the year before.

I believe the next Commonwealth Games are also in the Gold Coast, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bid on the Grand Final either.

I'd be happy with either location as they are both places I'd like to visit, although they are both a very long way to travel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Gold Coast in 2009. I have no desire for another 12 hour plane flight.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As opposed to a flight to South Africa?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: ITU short course AG DL races at 2016 worlds [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
As opposed to a flight to South Africa?

I hear a flight from Calif to South Africa is longer and the longest so nope, no interest there either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in San Diego for work and finishing up my run, happened on a guy who is Chair for one of the USAT committees as I was walking back to the hotel. He said the rumour he heard was 2016 was going to Monterrey, MX and DL. And that Nats might be in seattle, although they all like Milwaukee.

Just what I heard from a guy on the street (although google confirmed his bona fides....)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Oct 16, 14 12:21
Quote Reply
Re: ITU short course AG DL races at 2016 worlds [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, really wish they would confirm the location and whether DL or not sooner rather than later.
Quote Reply

Prev Next