Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cleaning up for work after morning workout (no gym/shower nearby)
Quote | Reply
So as it's getting darker earlier I'm considering moving my bike/run workouts to the morning (I usually go after work).

I won't have access to a Gym/shower, any recommendations for cleaning up before I show up at the office.

caveat: I'm not an investment banker, I work in the music industry, which allows me to wear jeans/teeshirt and other low maintenance items to the office. So I need to look "clean" and I don't want to have a just-worked-out odor when I show up.

I'm just this guy ya know?
Quote Reply
Re: Cleaning up for work after morning workout (no gym/shower nearby) [blanco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baby wipes. When I workout over lunch I wipe down with the wipes and it makes a big difference. That, and deodorant, of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Cleaning up for work after morning workout (no gym/shower nearby) [blanco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shower pill. They're heavy duty wipes. One or two will do the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wipe off with a mix of rubbing alcohol and witch hazel.
Then a coating of deodorant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wet washcloth to remove the sweat/grime, towel off, baby wipes for the areas where bacteria grow, deodorant and you're done.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cleaning up for work after morning workout (no gym/shower nearby) [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Splash water on face.... apply deodorant. During "normal" training, I'll be back at in within 4-8 hours anyway. I find swimming 5-7 times a week does wonders for sanitizing you skin and preventing body odor. Bacteria fears me.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do this several times a week. Just some baby wipes and deodorant do the trick. If you're really sweaty, it makes sense to build in some time to cool down. Maybe you drive to work and babywipe in the bathroom there. I've even been known to babywipe and dress in the parking lot if needed.

If you have the friends I do, when you're going to do your clean up at the Wegman's bathroom they'll start hollering at you to not forget to douche. Then you'll know you have the right workout buddies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On Sundays I go for my long run on the trails and then breakfast afterwards and always carry a portable shower in the back of my truck,http://www.rei.com/...pvc-free-sun-shower-
Perfect for a quick rinse off on the go.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on baby wipes

Travelling this summer I ended up with a couple of hours to kill at the airport in Halifax so I went for a 2 hour run. Bought a pack of baby wipes so I wouldn't have to overdo it on deodorant. It could get expensive, if you have to buy them at the airport every time though. :-p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had to deal with this situation when I arrived at work this morning. Access to the locker room was blocked off while some maintenance was going on near the entrance.

I had to improvise. While not optimum, I was able to get myself rinsed off enough at a bathroom sink. The rinsing + generous use of deodorant has worked out okay (albeit not as well as a shower would have been).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOgsIAUpxI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Milk jug (or similar) with small holes drilled in the cap. Cheap, refillable portable shower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing I'll add to the advice is to shower before your start your workout. I feel like if I am clean when starting, my sweat is clean and not funky.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just make sure you get the unscented baby wipes. You're coworkers will make fun of you if you smell like baby butt.

Baby wipes are also great for quickly cleaning up your bike too. I always keep a pack around and end up using 75% of them on my bike instead of me.
Quote Reply
Re: Cleaning up for work after morning workout (no gym/shower nearby) [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All great ideas - thanks everyone.

I'm just this guy ya know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive got a decent setup thats cheaper than baby wipes. Buy a few microfiber cloths (16X16 from walmart auto parts area will work ) get an old water bottle, buy some no-rinse soap (used by hospitals and nasa), put about 4 oz water and 2.5mL of the soap in the bottle, stuff a microfiber in there, and then use it like a large, more absorbant wipe. One cloth will clean your whole body, and i sweat a ton. The soap doesnt have too much of a smell either.

Wash the cloth in the machine after each use. 4 to 6 cloths in rotation will get you through until the next laundry day. Total starting cost should be about $15 and the 16 oz of soap will last about 180 washes. Cloths you dont have to rebuy. Compare to using maybe 3-4 baby wipes and its a little cheaper.
Last edited by: Dfoxengr: Aug 28, 14 11:59
Quote Reply