Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Fine. Certainly no worse than "ITU suits" with their name on it. If you want to do it, do it.

Personally I hate the tri-tats since they are hard to get off and take all the surrounding hair with them when they go (ouch!).

Why the hell do you have hair on your arms? Didn't you hear it saves 15-20 watts by shaving entirely?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rev3 doesn't use TriTats, they use Body Marx. That said, I much prefer having a skin safe application of temporary tattoos from either of these vendors than the compounds n-propanol, n-butanol, diacetone alcohol, cresol, and xylene, a chemical capable of causing nervous system and organ damage, found in Sharpies and Magic Markers. It's ironic that the health conscious athletes among us willingly submit their arms and legs to have this shit put on them.
In contrast, body marking is Europe is rarely seen if at all, and frankly, there is no USAT standard that requires numbering other than on the bike frame and running bib.
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Our local sprint series now includes them as part of your race pack, just standard fare. The real issue is not whether a race uses tri-tats or a sharpie, it is why have any race markings at all. We beat this to death in another thread and I believe the consensus view is that they are an unnecessary anocronysm.

Piranha Sports started using them this year. its just part of their packet.
the mummers from the fields seemed very popular. and people did look very professional.

me, i agree with you. i prefer to skip bodymarking. i seem to forget quite frequently. and changing from Sharpies to the tatoos slowed the process significantly.
but, oh well.
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
Fine. Certainly no worse than "ITU suits" with their name on it. If you want to do it, do it.

Personally I hate the tri-tats since they are hard to get off and take all the surrounding hair with them when they go (ouch!).

Why the hell do you have hair on your arms? Didn't you hear it saves 15-20 watts by shaving entirely?

What, you haven't switched to a long sleeve skinsuit for the bike leg? Skin is slow dude!

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next