Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra National Championship Bike Course Change
Quote | Reply
I saw on Xterra's site that the bike course for the upcoming Xterra Nationals has been changed from the previous years' configuration. Reading the description and the course map, it seems mostly the same as before. (But this is coming from someone who has ridden the old course once at last year's race.)

Has anyone had the opportunity to ride the course with the changed sections? If so, what did you think? Would you consider the course harder, easier, about the same?

Last year I was a little under-trained both mentally and physically for the jump from sea level, where I live, to the hills and altitude of Ogden and Snow Basin. Hoping my preparation this year will yield a better result.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra National Championship Bike Course Change [shaymike2014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked the site and the course map and description are the same as the last 3 years. Where did you see the changes mentioned?

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra National Championship Bike Course Change [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think OP meant this on the site:

NEW USA CHAMPIONSHIP COURSE “ROCKS,” ADDS SINGLETRACK AND STUNNING VIEWS
The U.S. Forest Service started work on the Sardine Peak Trail near Snowbasin Resort three years ago and for the first-time in XTERRA racing history, it is ready to ride. The new 7+ mile section of single and double track is the sweetest and smoothest piece of trail on the mountain, and makes the bike course “a true mountain race course that weaves in-and-out of aspen glades and pines,” said Snowbasin Resort sport event operations director Steve Andrus.

I think that might be a couple years old though as the site hasn't really been changed much. I have never raced there so I'm not sure if this is a change for 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra National Championship Bike Course Change [Kevinschus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that is the announcement from the changes made prior to the 2011 race...

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra National Championship Bike Course Change [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Jack.

That would make sense. When I read it, it sounded like they were describing exactly what we rode last year. I didn't consider that the copy might be old.

Hopefully my this year's effort will be a little better than last.

Mike
Quote Reply