Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Eagleman 2015
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just register to the 2015 event with a couple of friends and I would like to know all the great thing to do, to train, to eat, to party in this area since we plan to go for a week or so.

Every info from old timer or local will be greatly appreciate! Let talk your memory from this location/event!

Thx!
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman 2015 [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny :)

Cambridge, Md is a small rural town with nothing to do. Not even the locals party in their own city in that neck of the woods. If you want stuff to do and train in similar windy conditions, your best bet is to drive to any of the nearby ocean/beach towns that are 1-2 hours away.

quickguru wrote:
Hi,

I just register to the 2015 event with a couple of friends and I would like to know all the great thing to do, to train, to eat, to party in this area since we plan to go for a week or so.

Every info from old timer or local will be greatly appreciate! Let talk your memory from this location/event!

Thx!
Fred

Quote | Reply
Bump. I want to let the chance to everyone to share their knowledge ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are some decent restaurants in town, a brew pub, a wine bar, and some interesting shops. There is a historic district walking tour every Saturday morning led by folks in period dress. Any number of places to go eat crabs, crab cakes, crab imperial, etc. You can hire a charter boat to go crabbing or fishing in the Chesapeake Ba or go for a kayak or SUP along endless miles of waterways. The towns of Easton, Oxford, and St. Michaels are all close by and have unique Eastern shore character to them with fun shops and waterfront dining. Birding and wildlife watching at the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge just south of town is worth it. As is a trip to Assateague Island to chill out at the ocean on some great beaches with 'wild' horses around you. Or a trip to the boardwalk in Ocean City for a little more 'excitement'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plan on staying at the Hyatt and staying there no need to do anything else.

Quote | Reply
Drive up to Annapolis and go to the diner with the enormous burger and milkshake challenge.

Seriously, I live in flyover Central PA and there is far more to do here than there is in Cambridge.

===================================
I'll tell you all right now, my seat is too low, I'm not aero and I carry too much fluid on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman 2015 [dck4shrt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to chime in about St. Michael's - a wonderful town with several quaint restaurants and shops. Peace and quiet and very friendly people. Its a gem that is often overlooked with little colonial homes, some rentable. You won't regret the slower pace as it comes with best relaxation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman 2015 [dck4shrt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, if you like the outdoors, plenty to do in Cambridge and the surrounding areas
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman 2015 [cpotter88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run a search. There are about 50 million threads on E-Man. Always the same advice. Stay aero, get used to the idea of half the race into a strong wind, swim can be choppy as hell or just mild, chances are it will be hot and there is little to no shade on the run.