Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critique My Bike Position (Road Bike - Tri Setup) VIDEO
Quote | Reply
Got a proper bike fit early spring, swapped a few saddles and made a few adjustments before landing in my current position. Feel pretty good in this position and have raced my Oly and 0.3 in the same position shown. That said, I do have some slight annoying discomfort in my lower right back after longer periods in the aero position (I do not believe these to be related to my back issues from years ago).

Anything you see here that is either:

1. Potentially yielding said back issues (e.g., wide aerobar setup has me a bit hunched over - could dropping the bars and bringing the pads in be a solution?)
2. Could be improved in general (longer reach, lower stack, more forward position, higher/lower seat, etc.).

I can post my initial stack and reach measurements, but they may not be the best indicator as I have since lost considerable weight and have lowered my bars to the "new normal" level (but I'm obviously open to trying new positions - just don't want to waste time trying a bunch of things that won't be beneficial).

Also - you will note I moved positions a bit (more forward - more neutral); I welcome thoughts on both.

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Re: Critique My Bike Position (Road Bike - Tri Setup) VIDEO [TriMeSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is a little challenging as your on a road bike trying to get into a triathlon position. Right now, it s a compromise and this bike is a limiter for this.

if you want to ride slam back like you are presently, i recommend you get your aerobar back (shorter reach). This will eliminate your back issue.

That said, what i would want to do is get you on a different bike and get into a proper triathlon position. Rotating you around the BB... meaning forward and up saddles. down and longer on the front end...keep rotating you until the proper ideal position is reach.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply