Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

garmin-sharp jumps to Cannondale
Quote | Reply
hot news! Garmin-Sharp signs up with Cannondale and leaves Cervelo:

http://www.slipstreamsports.com/...join-forces-in-2015/

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Re: garmin-sharp jumps to Cannondale [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An argyle EVO? Bring it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very surprised to see that Cannondale will be a title sponsor for the team. I figured they would just be the bike sponsor.

Dunno how a bike company can justify that kind of expenditure......or the "silent" partner is still kicking in some cash to keep the team afloat.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So does that in essence mean a loss of a pro level team since they are currently the owner and title sponsor of an existing team?
Quote Reply
Re: garmin-sharp jumps to Cannondale [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
An argyle EVO? Bring it!

I'm still trying to stomach the idea of green argyle...
Quote Reply
Re: garmin-sharp jumps to Cannondale [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trifreemc wrote:
So does that in essence mean a loss of a pro level team since they are currently the owner and title sponsor of an existing team?

Heard a lot of chatter about them axing the existing team throughout the tour this year, so yes.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: garmin-sharp jumps to Cannondale [markg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there was a picture in my FB feed from slipstream yesterday from the US Pro Challenge that showed a new jersey design and i was on the lookout for the news.
unfortunately i can't link it as the special chars, f-up the posting.

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/...536351215464/?type=1

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the big question is: what is Cervelo going to do next?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Isn't that the green jersey because he finished second in the first stage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That is the Best Sprinter's jersey from the US Pro Challenge in Colorado, not the new team jersey.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some more details in the Velonews article.....

Team will be called Team Cannondale. Garmin will still be invovled, although not determined at what level (but have existing contract w/ Slipstream), team colors will be green argyle, Cannondale will receive 2 seats on the Slipstream Board of Directors, still looking for additional sponsors, possibly as title sponsors.

http://velonews.competitor.com/...e-sponsorship_341719

Based on that last point, it sounds like Doug Ellis is still kicking in some dollars to balance out the team's expenses. Just a guess, though...

Quote Reply
Re: garmin-sharp jumps to Cannondale [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These guys have come along way since Slipstream-Chipotle

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cwg_at_opc wrote:
the big question is: what is Cervelo going to do next?

Cervelo is the new bike sponsor for Team MTN Quebekha in 2015 (not sure if that is spelled right)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply