Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Entry Level PowerTap Training Wheel/AeroJacket Setup?
Quote | Reply
I am looking to order a HED Belgium C2 rear wheel with PowerTap G3 for my Shiv. I would also order an AeroJacket from WheelBuilder.com in plenty of time to use it for IM Chattanooga and to test ride it a few times. Is there another PowerTap wheel in the same price range that I should consider? Any other advice before I pull the trigger? This will be my first power meter purchase.

ETA: This is the wheel I was looking at: http://www.powertap.com/...hed-belgium-wheelset
It states that the wheel is not available although it is listed on their site. My shop has a call into Saris to see what is going on there and if it isn't available what current wheel would be comparable.

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Team INFINIT Discount Code: RowanJones
Last edited by: Rowan Jones: Aug 20, 14 17:30
Quote Reply
Re: Best Entry Level PowerTap Training Wheel/AeroJacket Setup? [Rowan Jones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this setup (well, except for an older model Powertap), and I have raced it for the last few years + trained with it. The Belgium is fine, whether it's the best or not I don't know. The wheel + powertap + aero jacket is kind of heavy, but you can still go fast on it! And there's enough depth to the Belgium to let you tape the wheelcover to the rim if you so choose. If I were rich I would go with a real disc + crank based power meter, but for one wheel that does everything it should be ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Entry Level PowerTap Training Wheel/AeroJacket Setup? [Rowan Jones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last fall, I bought a g3 laced to a kinlin xc279 (a 23mm wide rim) from Psimet.com. He (Rob) has a great reputation as a wheel builder (do some googling), but it took six weeks to get the wheel, four weeks longer than expected. Despite the long wait and poor communication, I'm happy with the wheel. It cost around $850 with shipping. I was also able to get an aerojacket when WB had their $20 off deal. I've been very, very happy with this setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheelbuilder special http://www.wheelbuilder.com/...powertap-wheels.html, less than $800

I ride the DT swiss for training and cover it for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would call them...they are very helpful and may have some special deals we don't see......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this set-up from wheelbuilder.com. they are very helpful. I would pass on the bladed spokes since the cover takes care of the aero. the wheel did me well for IMMT with a 5:18:XX bike split. glad I had it for the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rowan Jones wrote:
I am looking to order a HED Belgium C2 rear wheel with PowerTap G3 for my Shiv. I would also order an AeroJacket from WheelBuilder.com in plenty of time to use it for IM Chattanooga and to test ride it a few times. Is there another PowerTap wheel in the same price range that I should consider? Any other advice before I pull the trigger? This will be my first power meter purchase.

ETA: This is the wheel I was looking at: http://www.powertap.com/...hed-belgium-wheelset
It states that the wheel is not available although it is listed on their site. My shop has a call into Saris to see what is going on there and if it isn't available what current wheel would be comparable.

Bingo. I have exactly that setup. Perfect
Quote Reply