Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember about a year ago it was mentioned that the swim starts were going to be a little later bc the outside temperatures could still be in the 50s if the first wave started at 7am. They wanted to give a little more time for it to warm-up.

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
OK, but i swear that at Vegas we had multiple waves per age group. While I like head to head, I prefer less congestion. Please get quadruple the number of zebra guys out there.....maybe the Quebec Hells Angels can show up and threaten any blatent pelotons!

No. In Vegas last year there were not multiple waves per age group. The swim waves were originally posted that way, but (presumably) because so many people complained, come race day, the age groups were not split up.

That being said, I didn't think the swim was too congested, and I was in the largest AG (M40-44). There was more drafting that day than I had ever seen before, however. (So I always chuckle when someone says a hilly course will stop drafting.) I also don't think splitting up AG's will stop drafting. If people want to draft, they will draft, regardless of course or start times.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobAllen wrote:
I don't think the issue is the round-about but the entrance/exit of transition.

Fastest male pros have a possibility of 23 minute swim, 3 minute transition, 2:02 bike for a total of 2:28 coming back into transition.
Slowest age grouper has the possibility of 1:08 start time deficit, 1:10 to complete swim, 10 minute transition or 2:28 before they exit transition to start the bike.

Yep, I get that. I just don't understand what Dev is proposing as a solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobAllen wrote:
I don't think the issue is the round-about but the entrance/exit of transition.

Fastest male pros have a possibility of 23 minute swim, 3 minute transition, 2:02 bike for a total of 2:28 coming back into transition.
Slowest age grouper has the possibility of 1:08 start time deficit, 1:10 to complete swim, 10 minute transition or 2:28 before they exit transition to start the bike.

Don't think that even someone like Kinle or Starky will be biking a 2:02 on that course. Maybe 2:06ish.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the last wave. I guess I can sleep in and not worry about packs of young guys catching me
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [cobragolf79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly, same here.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What wheel setup would you recommend as well as gearing? Have any choice you can imagine, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Also you may wish to read my reply on the spread - for another perspective.
It is always good to consider everyone racing.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all depends on tactics. The course is not that hard. With the field they have for this event the bike is going to be blistering fast.
TJ averaged 2:13 per loop with double the swim, bike and run.

If I am the WC race director I would be planning on outliers and not should be's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:

Where did you find this?

Paul Duncan Jr - Triathlete/Coach/Loyal Friend - Coaching Site -

Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [pduncan1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am the assistant race director for all 3 events at Tremblant.
It will be in the athlete guide coming out soon as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you'll find everyone has gone home - not in Tremblant.
Reports from the 70.3 and IM in MT this year have been very positive re: drafting :) Though, I expect with deeper fields we'll see a more tighter field and it will produce a bit more congestion than the regular 70.3. As Dev said, let's hope Jimmy R is on his game :P
sidelined wrote:
Not really. Have to think of everybody. It kind of sucks when you are older, already slower, then start 1 hour later. Means you get to the finizh line when everyone else has gone home !
I have been doing this long enough to know a more 'front pack,' feeling and have also experienced aid station volounteers falling asleep with boredom.Just do not draft. Believe me drafting starts with you!

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
I am the assistant race director for all 3 events at Tremblant.
It will be in the athlete guide coming out soon as well.

This is greats, thanks for putting that up!

Paul Duncan Jr - Triathlete/Coach/Loyal Friend - Coaching Site -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cobragolf79 wrote:
+1 on the Athlete Guide. The type A/ADD/OCD in me wants all the details before I set into motion of packing for this trip.
They finally put up a link for the Athlete Guide--but the link is broken.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [Eppur si muove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cobragolf79 wrote:
+1 on the Athlete Guide. The type A/ADD/OCD in me wants all the details before I set into motion of packing for this trip.

Check in by 4PM on the Friday is a little early. It may throw some people for a loop if there are delays.
It seems sometime between 7:30 or 9PM would have been a little less stressful
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is no one commenting on the fact that the Pro women don't have a clean start at this race? It's a World Championship? Seems very strange to send off the pro women with XC and PC athletes... Even if it's only a couple of minutes... they SHOULD have their own start!
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant World Championship Swim Start [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI Pro women will have a 100% Clean start. XC was an error, they will all start in their own age groups. PC will go 2 minutes after pro women at 8:05, there are 3 participants in that category....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the clarification!
Quote Reply

Prev Next