Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlon from Athlete's Persepctive [jakobsandberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakobsandberg wrote:
I have a pair of sunglasses that have a 720p video camera on them, so I decided to borrow my friends GoPro and use these two devices to record an entire triathlon. Then, I just cut out most of the boring parts (almost everything) and threw in some music and text commentary.

Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4yiAu9-tG8

I would've watched, but...

"The content owner has not made this video available on mobile"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice!

Footage of T1 and T2 would be a great idea, but I'd be really cautious about voice-overs. I liked the music in this one, and the way you injected some of the sounds you were hearing out on the course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if you strap the camera to your chest or shoulder area (???) during the swim if that would make it easier for folks to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon from Athlete's Persepctive [Emilyk318] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilyk318 wrote:
I wonder if you strap the camera to your chest or shoulder area (???) during the swim if that would make it easier for folks to watch.

Yeah, a couple people have suggested I try using a chest mount, and then turning it around so its sitting on my upper back. It would be interesting if I could find a way to mount it on my shoulder, because that would give a really neat view of the swim.

mattr wrote:
Cool video. I had to fast forward the swim. The side to side motion was getting me sea sick.

Do you find it comfortable to run your aerobars so close together. Seems like one hand has to partially overlap the other. I always felt like I didn't have control of the bike when I was set up like that.

Yeah! At first, I was riding with my aerobars at a much wider distance apart, but over time I kept bringing them closer and closer together. Eventually, I got to the point where I could join my handles together, and I found that to help a lot with relaxation. Although it's not portrayed in this video, I really like to join the fingers of my hands under the aerobars, with my thumbs over the aerobars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next