Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Review: Scicon AeroComfort Travel Cases [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
Interested to hear how many have used soft cases and had no issues of bikes getting damaged.

I've been using the soft Aerus Biospeed Bag that DC Rainmaker recommended since about 2012. It's been on planes and FedEx'd many times. I'd say it has made probably 15-20 one-way trips between air travel and FedEx. I've packed in it my mountain bike, cx bike, road bike, and tri bike (not at the same time though). Never had a single issue.

But looking at this metal frame on the Scicon I'm impressed. One of the annoying parts of the Biospeed bag is that you have to open the bag like a clamshell, put your bike onto the center foam, then strap a clip around the bottom bracket area, and then it still falls over unless you hold it up. Getting the frame in there and straight is a pretty awkward affair, although I've developed some tricks and procedures to make it easier. If the adjustable metal frame works as well as the review, that would be a hassle-saver. However, I would be pretty concerned with weight. I've been able to get away with not paying for a bike on planes because it's been under 50lbs, and it's already awkward as heck to carry through airports and to FedEx, so it being heavier would be a nightmare.
Quote Reply

Prev Next