Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Hokas - Photos, any details? [MikayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikayP wrote:
Wetfeet wrote:
Give the Altra Olympus a try.

another high cushion shoes that could work are the new asics m33's. not sure if they'll offer widths in that one yet

Thanks for the suggestions, Mikay and Wetfeet.

I've been eyeing the Asics m33s, and they look fairly promising. I usually do fine with a medium width in most shoes. In fact, I found the Bondis to be too wide in the heel and midfoot -- it's just the toe box that's too narrow. The m33s look like they're a more appropriate shape for my foot (i.e. narrower in the heel, wider in the forefoot), so I think a medium width in the m33s would probably fit me.

I'll take a look at the Altra Olympus, too. I've been somewhat reluctant to try a zero-drop shoe, for fear that it would aggravate my achilles. However, my achilles didn't seem to have any trouble transitioning from Mizunos (10+mm drop) to the Bondis (5mm drop), so maybe I shouldn't rule out trying a zero-drop shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: New Hokas - Photos, any details? [samwine1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to modify my previous comments about Challenger ATR after running more miles on road and now on snowy trails. They are firmer than Huaka on the road. This is not a soft soft Hoka. Grip and stability on a snowy trail with very little base underneath excellent. A bit lose in the heel and the laces slipped a bit when wet, next run will try lace lock. I would call the Huaka a road/trail hybrid and the Challenger at trail/road hybrid.
Quote Reply

Prev Next