Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Bear, CA Running Routes?
Quote | Reply
I'm going up tomorrow for the century ride and was hoping to run long on Sunday. Ideally I'd love to get on the Pacific Crest Trail and bust out 15+ miles but can't seem to find anything longer than 7 miles (yes, I know I could do 2+ loops).

Any suggestions are appreciated. Scenic is always #1 on my list and it does not need to be challenging. In fact, the easier the better probably.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Bear, CA Running Routes? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out the race maps for the Big Bear Triathlon, and also Xterra Snow Valley. I did the xterra tri on Saturday, but they also had run races there on Sunday.

or, head over to Arrowhead, it's about 9 miles to circle the lake.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Big Bear, CA Running Routes? [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to be on a dirt trail if possible. The Xterra one might work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SV Xterra 13.1 is 2X 10K loop (actually slightly shorter than 10K) in case you really meant you didn't like loops :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skyline Trail, starting from Snow Summit. Here's a Strava file for a mtn bike ride I did on it. As I recall, it would be runnable, with the occasional fairly steep part thrown in. We got a little confused at the start (the little out and back to Club View Drive) and a little confused going down Pine Knot, but it all worked out. It might be slightly less than 15 miles once you remove our confusion.

The best place to run would be the (dirt) Santa Ana River Trail in Angelus Oaks. It's more or less on your way home, assuming you're going to Brentwood, but would require you parking your car with your bike at the trailhead. It's pretty awesome, though. You could drive down Middle Control Road (dirt) and park right at the trailhead, where your bike would be less visible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a trail race Tribodyboader and I raced last month. I did the 15mi and he did the 50k. It's a tough, beautiful, fun run.

http://www.holcombvalleytrailruns.com/Course_Info.html

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Jul 31, 14 14:30
Quote Reply