Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Customer Service
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to put this out about the great customer service call I had with Garmin today.

My heart rate monitor battery died. While changing I stripped one of the screws. It is out of warranty
by 2 months so they weren't obligated to do anything. Basically, they are shipping me a new
heart rate module for replacement.

I know we rant about bad service most of the time, but I wanted to share a positive experience.

glenn
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Customer Service [gaaugustine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to hijack this "positive" post, but I broke the clasp on my FR70 watch and talked to garmin about sending me a new clasp. Not even the whole clasp, it was literally the little thing that goes through the strap to attach to the other little thing. Those are technical terms. They said I could ship it to them with $70 and they'd fix it and send it back. Since the watch costs only a little over $100 new, I opted to complain instead. Then they said they'd do it for $30. But in the heat of the moment I said I'd never buy garmin again, so I just cut the straps off and carry the damn thing in my hand when I run. Then my hr monitor broke, so I bought an ANT+ motorola one for half the price (and it has a comfy strap).

Perhaps I got a crappy rep, or perhaps I blew it out of proportion. But I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Maybe they're better now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that they are much more responsive over phone than email. They've always taken care of me, but over email takes a week...phone just takes one call.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Customer Service [Dtyrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you had a bad experience. I hope I never experience this with them. If so,
I would change my mind about purchasing other products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great experience as well. I had a 910xt and the barametric altimeter quit. They sent me an engineering sample with a new design and that quit. For testing the new design they sent me a new in box Fenix 2 which has been behaving much better (for me) than the 910 was.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Customer Service [amccabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their customer service has to be top notch because they know people have to send in their Garmin's annual to get refurbished ones. At least that is my experience with the 910.

Quote | Reply
Sounds like I was the exception to the rule. Maybe I was routed to a different branch because I have a low end watch, not a GPS device.

Dtyrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Customer Service [TheGupster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheGupster wrote:
Their customer service has to be top notch because they know people have to send in their Garmin's annual to get refurbished ones. At least that is my experience with the 910.

LOL QFT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a 310xt take on water at BSLT 70.3 this year and they sent me a replacement watch within a week. Only had to pay shipping. It was out of warranty, but they took care of me regardless.

Matthew

http://mattpatt75.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Customer Service [mattpatt75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had 3 different times dealing with Garmin CS and they have always gone above and beyond in taking care of me!
Quote Reply