Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Official #IMLP7th Video
Quote | Reply
Please enjoy the official video edited by the Gorilla himself: http://www.therealstarky.com/...ficial-imlp7th-video

More about the stolen check: http://www.therealstarky.com/...ight-stole-the-check

Thank you again to our 300+ donors. To the pro triathletes, do not squander this opportunity. Inaction would be an insult to the 300+ people who have donated their hard earned money in order to help you.

Be #blessed and good luck.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely awesome.

Very poorly handled by WTC, that doesn't shock me though.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait.. WTC handled something poorly... SHOCKER.

I am actually surprised the WTC was not more retalitory and DQed 7 for carrying the check over... then again they would have issues with those at Kona... namely winners who may pick up a country flag...

Still... Given the awesome efforts, maybe the WTC should eliminate prizes and have TRS do all the prize purse...

After all if they can float $7.5K for 7th... imagine what they can raise for for a total prize purse.

Andy Messick... if you are listening and reading... Seriously... TheRealStarky does a better job at paying out prize money. Nothing wrong with that... Ironman can't be number one at everything....

Seriously... Why not eliminate all prize money and let TheRealStarky handle that portion of the races. That way if they want to pay out more and pay 10 deep, they can do it... Makes sense and lets Ironman focus on the races
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone can raise funds on a one-off lark.

If TRS had to raise prize money on a consistent and ongoing basis, he would be no more successful than Sutton

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

If TRS had to raise prize money on a consistent and ongoing basis, he would be no more successful than Sutton

I'd argue that TRS is far more successful than Sutton in raising money already.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Power13 wrote:

I'd argue that TRS is far more successful than Sutton in raising money already.

For those who have trouble reading or hearing, I'll say it again. There is no plan to further fund-raise for prize purses.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

agreed. It is like the receiver who catches Johnny Manziel's first pass as a pro. A meaningless footnote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did we ever do before video technology.

Still think there has to be a better way.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Jul 31, 14 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome use of "roster" by alice in chains! Great video.

------------------

It begins with the most simple belief, the one you must have in yourself. That must be translated into results by dedication. The knowledge that dedication, which feeds on belief, can make it so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW, you really showed them!! I'm certain that WTC is changing their entire failed business model after you stuck it to them. Have they called you yet with a job offer?

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhc wrote:
WOW, you really showed them!! I'm certain that WTC is changing their entire failed business model after you stuck it to them. Have they called you yet with a job offer?

WOW, You really showed him!! I'm certain that TRS is changing his entire failed attempt to change pro payouts after you stuck it to him. Has he called you yet with a job offer?

Look, two idiots can play this game?

A man made a great point, raised $7500 for two pros, and gave them a great leg to get started on changing payouts should they want to head that route...and you're just some asshole doing nothing on ST.

Did I miss anything?

Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone enlighten me? Why was the cheque confiscated, exactly? because triathletes cannot technically take anything from a spectator (i.e. outside assistance) and/or carry it over the finish line? Did the 7th place finisher end up getting his prize though?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [IronLady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, TRS still awarded Ray his money.

WTC took it because they threw a hissy fit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did miss something. The fact that none of this will really change what the WTC will do. They have no incentive. Your "gave them a great leg" comment is totally stupid and you came off like a bigger asshole to me since you are so ignorant.

This entire 7th place adventure is just so comical, but this is what make some threads so entertaining. That, and people like you who get so snarky and blustery. Good luck in FL!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [IronLady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Contrary to popular belief, that was not a valid check- it was not signed by TRS. Rays regular sized check is in the mail.

Since last weekend, it has come to our attention through various different sources (which I cannot divulge) that Jeff Edwards is a certified psychopath.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [chrisinma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisinma wrote:
You did miss something. The fact that none of this will really change what the WTC will do. They have no incentive. Your "gave them a great leg" comment is totally stupid and you came off like a bigger asshole to me since you are so ignorant.

This entire 7th place adventure is just so comical, but this is what make some threads so entertaining. That, and people like you who get so snarky and blustery. Good luck in FL!

Not with your attitude. God, the negative nancies are out there hardcore. Really, it didn't change anything? Then why did Jeff feel the need to snatch the check away? What was he worried about? Why did the CEOIronman account feel the need to post about IMC having prize money? Clearly it's on their minds.

No one said this would change the world, but it's a starting point for an issue that a lot of people take concern with. You don't have to agree with it, that's fine, but to act like it literally did nothing is WAY stupid, shit, it did enough to get you to this thread to argue me about it. So it at least did that.

Thanks though! I'm excited, should be a fun time, Panama City was home for many many many years, so I look forward to racing on my streets.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not arguing, I actually insulted you, but now you made me feel badly about doing that. But you just keep on living the dream! I sure this will make the world a better place to live and that magical unicorn with be at the end of the rainbow waiting for you....and the WTC will make sweeping changes to make everyone feel happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:

Since last weekend, it has come to our attention through various different sources (which I cannot divulge) that Jeff Edwards is a certified psychopath.

See other thread for link to a blog post which may address some of that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But whyyyyyy did they confiscate the cheque? I still don't get it!!! Why??? What do they care who brings what across the finish line???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Initially I thought you were just being a complete ass-hat but now I see you are coming around. Glad you came to your senses!

chrisinma wrote:
I am not arguing, I actually insulted you, but now you made me feel badly about doing that. But you just keep on living the dream! I sure this will make the world a better place to live and that magical unicorn with be at the end of the rainbow waiting for you....and the WTC will make sweeping changes to make everyone feel happy.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official #IMLP7th Video [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man. That made me laugh. Why didn't you attend the ST gathering in Raleigh? If you make your way through Atlanta to Chattanooga let me know and I'll buy you a beer.
Quote Reply